Turfwars v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turfwars v2

I had posted this idea a long time ago on the TCO forums in an attempt to make Turfwars more interesting that a bunch of typical clan matches. However, due to lack of interest I didn't pursue it any further. But, I thought I'd post it here just for your opinion, although I don't expect anything to happen since most clans are hardly active anymore. Anywho, here are my 1st draft notes I posted a few months back.

--TurfWars V2 Features--

Map Equipment
    Summary: Maps will now have reduced amounts of loot, a guild's total loot is how much banked loot they start with. Maps will have guard and thief equipment attributed to them, and you may only use equipment if you own the map it is attributed to. Also, amounts for equipment stack.
    Rules: Maps will now have a reduced amount of loot, a guild's total loot is how much banked loot they start with, guard or thief. Loot is not divied up between team-mates, each member has the guild's total loot as banked. Maps will now have guard and thief equipment attributed to them. If a guild owns a map, then the equipment attributed to that map goes to the guild's pool of available equipment. As before, equipment is not divied up among team-mates, each teammate may buy he or she wants as long as they own a map with that equipment. Multiple maps may have the same item, and items stack. For example; if a guild owns 2 maps, one having a flashbomb, 2 broadheads, and a health pot, the other having a flashbomb, 1 broadhead, and an invis pot, then the guild may buy 2 flashbombs, 3 broadheads, 1 invis and 1 health pot.
    Balance Notes: Since thieves usually start with 600 loot and guards start with 850, and banked loot allowance is the same for either side in turfwars, thieves equipment will be more rare than guard's equipment. Also, a council of guild-masters and server admins will have to be formed to determine the balance of how much loot a map has or what equipment it gets.

Territory Map
    Summary: a map of territories will be drawn, with wilderness lands and lands with a thievery map attributed to them. Wilderness lands are won by thiefmatch, map lands are won as per previous turfwars rules. You may only attack a land that borders your own.
    Rules: A map will be drawn with 2 types of lands; wilderness and map. Map lands will have a thievery map attributed to them and will be taken over as per the previous turfwars rules. Wilderness lands are player created outdoor maps that are taken over by thiefmatch. Wilderness lands have no loot or equipment attributed to them, and are for the sole purpose of expanding / defending your territory. A guild may only attack a land that borders his own territory.
    Balance Notes: A council of guild-masters and server admins will have to be formed to hash out the map, also wilderness lands are a maybe since it requires the diligent time of many mappers.

Alliances

Summary: attacking guilds may ally against one defender. attackers to defenders ratio: (# of attackers) : 1.
    Rules: There is the inevitable even that one guild will probably own half the map and be pwning the rest of the guilds. So, attacking guilds may ally against one defender. A prerequisite for guilds to ally is that they must share a border with eachother. Guilds may ally for attack only, not defenses. As many guilds may ally as they wish so long as their lands all connect. If an attacking guild allies then the match attackers to defenders ratio is (# of guilds allied) : 1. An allied force must have the same amount of members from each guild present, you cannot ally with 4 guilds and only have one guild show up to fill every slot.
    Balance Notes: Guild's may abuse this. For example RLF and wraith may always ally for attacks, so there might have to be a size prerequisite before they can ally (like the defenders guild must own more or the same number of lands as the total # of attacking guilds lands or something like that. Still not sure how to balance this.)

Infiltration

Summary: One match, infiltrators are thieves and defenders are guards. If thieves win then they may attack / infiltrate another land as if they owned it.
    Rules: Infiltration games last only one match. Infiltrators are thieves and defenders are guards. If thieves win the match then they may attack / infiltrate a territory that borders the already infiltrated land as if they owned it. Also, a guild may count the infiltrated land as part of their territory for alliance purposes. Alliances last permanently, unless the ownership of the land changes or the owner of the land challenges the infiltrated guild to another infiltration match. The match is the same, except if guards win the land is no longer infiltrated. An infiltrated land must always be bordering the infiltrating guild's land or another infiltrated land. If it is not connected then the non-connected lands are no longer infiltrated. A land can only be infiltrated by one guild at a time. Another guild may challenge an to control an infiltration, in which a thiefmatch is fought on that map. If in the freakish event the guards win then the map is no longer infiltrated by any guild.

I hadn't seen this before. It's a neat idea, but it'll be a NIGHTMARE to administer. This is much more complex than the existing rules, and they're difficult enough already, believe me....

Comment

Working...
    X