Turf Wars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turf Wars??

Hey guys just asking if we will have turf wars in NightBlade I hope so. I also hope some of these matches will be played. Once the M vs. TUF match is done were ready to rock the house with Archery. Just commenting not saying you must play now or ppl will get pissed at you for holding every one up or am i??
    The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

TurfWars can probably be adapted to fit NightBlade. In fact, NightBlade has a much easier solution to the question of tiebreakers than Thievery does.

I've been thinking about some TW rules changes to get things going again, and I'm going to hijack your thread, Cliff, to mention them and ask for comment, if you don't mind.

One option I've been considering is removing the "challenges made first must be played first" limitation. Guilds who are ready to play and can get a match scheduled can do so whenever. This would encourage guilds to play their matches right away, since if they delay too long, the map they're going for might be taken before they get to play their match. There's a problem with that regarding unclaimed turf, though. Since unclaimed turf can be under multiple challenges (that is, multiple guilds can challenge any single takeover attempt), I can see guilds trying to delaying those matchess, so that they're the last guild to play, and if they win, they don't have to hold the map against other challenges.

The other option I've been considering is just putting everything on a timetable. For instance, saying a match WILL be played every other weekend, and if the guilds involved can't work out a time to match by that weekend, the challenge is dropped, and the next challenge is scheduled for two weeks from that. This brings it closer to waht most online ladder competitions are like.

Comment

I think challenges should still be played in order, it seems fairer somehow.

I do think a time limit should be imposed though with some penalty for failing to arrange a match. Not sure what though but depending on whether it was one or both guilds delaying would affect who was punished. Perhaps not allowing punished guilds to issue a challenge for a set amount of time?

Doing this would require all negotiations over matches to be made public (discussion in forum and copy+pasted ICQ logs would suffice here I think) so that it would be clear to see who was causing the delay. Of course there would need to be (an) adjudicator(s) to decide on which guilds (if any) need punishing and the rules would have to be clear...I think it's a good way to go though.
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

sounds great guys i hope these ideas will get put into turn before nightblade comes out. I also like these friendly matches for fun. I hope my guild will challenge some guild to some.
        The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Maybe once it gets going in Thievery we should consider it for NightBlade...

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
            Maybe once it gets going in Thievery we should consider it for NightBlade...
            I've said it before... looks like I'm saying it again.

I'm sure I can whip something up.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
              I've said it before... looks like I'm saying it again.

I'm sure I can whip something up.
              Oohhh... Kinky
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
              X