This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the title "Master Thief"

I noticed Oki's sarcastic challenge... and you know, I love playing as a solo thief and I think I'm fairly good at it.

Now I don't pretend to be an awesome thief thats going to "pwn joo" cause I'm "1337"

I do however think I can take a team of guards, I mean... I have before... while I'm on the last thief life. The question remains, can I do it against an organized guard team whos ready for me? Lets find out.

I want to challenge a guild to a match on Aquatone. I'll solo thief it and you can man the guard team however you see fit.

TCO is a bunch of good guys, I'll humbly extend the challenge to you first. What do you say guys?

It cannot be done. Unless you are 1337 Neo The One, you will just die and die and die against a bunch of human guards. Sorry, but I really dont think anyone will step up to the challenge (if thats what you can call it.... i'd say massacre)
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
      It cannot be done. Unless you are 1337 Neo The One, you will just die and die and die against a bunch of human guards. Sorry, but I really dont think anyone will step up to the challenge (if thats what you can call it.... i'd say massacre)
      Not true. MasterThief3 had a solo match against CTG (or at least 4 of us) once a while back, on Grange. While he lost, it was hardly a massacre. We never killed him once, winning on time, rather than elimination.

Grank had a solo match against KYO by himself, on DE. He lost that one, dying, I think, only once, and losing on time. If he'd had the extra five minutes he'd requested for the match, there's a good chance he could have won.

Comment

I think it can be done. It will require a long time limit though. I don't require that every guard spot be filled, I leave that up to the guild I oppose.

Seriously though... I remember when 1.3 first came out... I wondered into the TCO server right before their practice started. It was aquatone, and I thieved. All the other thieves died in the first minute of the game, leaving me with the last life to get ALL the objectives. Soon a bunch more TCO joined and jumped on the guard team. I can't remember the number... but it was somewhere around 5 or 6 guards(all TCO) vs me the lone thief.

I won.

After the game was over I had to leave so they could practice.

I've done this same kind of thing in aqua more times then I can count. The only time its been all one guild was the above example... but I feel like I've proven my salt enough to get a challenge here.

Comment

Yes Yes, LR but your talking about KYO and CTG.... 2 of the worst TUT guilds around

Against a bunch of human guard who have any sense, you will lose.
          -YT

Comment

Perhaps it never occured to you that winning and losing isn't everything? Sure! I'll probably lose.... but the way I see it, I have a chance. Did you not read? I've beaten TCO in Aqua before 1 vs 5-6. It wasn't just beating them either, I only had 1 life to work with, so they didn't even kill me once.

If someone takes me up on this challenge, there might be more human guards, and they will have time to plan... yeah.

But so will I, AND I'll have several lives to work with.

The only point i'm trying to make is:

Sure the odds are against me, but I like that. Thats no reason to deny me the chance to try.

Comment

I'll play, but as of now I can say nothing for the rest of the guild.
              Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
                I've beaten TCO in Aqua before 1 vs 5-6. It wasn't just beating them either, I only had 1 life to work with, so they didn't even kill me once.
                I thieved Bourgeois, without dying, against 6 human guards once. They were all good players, and the loot spawn was shit. For some reason I managed to loot everything in the level (I mean EVERYTHING), except the attic, and I only had 350. I had to get into the attic to win. It took me a long time, and a lot of sweet escapes, but I won. FixXxer watched me, and I think he'll tell you it was an incredible job of thieving. But I don't think that gives me the right to go brag about it and say, "Ooooh, I can take your guild...give it your best shot!"

Sorry, I know you probably aren't trying to be conceited, but that's all I get from these kind of posts.

Comment

The games you're the most proud of are the games where your team ghosts (or sneaks through, with one or two knock outs) through the level without anyone dying.

THOSE are the games I'm proud winning.
                  JM

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                    Sorry, I know you probably aren't trying to be conceited, but that's all I get from these kind of posts.
                    I don't get that from these posts at all. What I get from them is someone who wants a bigger challenge than they normally get on public servers. You know, the kind you got when you thieved Bourgeois solo.

Comment

Sorry Jarvis, I didnt mean to offend you.

I'll play against you if a few others want to arrange it.... :grin:

If you win... I'll eat my ego, and thats alot to eat I can tell you
                      -YT

Comment

! will accept your challenge if TCO is afraid. ^_^
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Can I add a ! to my name and be a ! then?
                          Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

Originally posted by Chalrif
                            Sure, you'd be Chalr!f, then.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              Originally posted by Chalrif
                              Sure, you'd be Chalr!f, then.
                              HAY, thats !'s trademark, noone else can use it without looking like a n00b
                              -YT

Comment

Working...
                              X