Looking for a guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a guild

As some of you may remember I left Legend because I wanted to make a new map.
    Well TH-Library is prooving to be an Herculean challenge and I fear I can no longuer do the map in time to have it ready in an acceptable amount of time by myself. My first idea looked simple but then I realised it was just a rip of Nostalgia with more rooms. I remade the whole concept and finally got a somewhat original idea. I had lots of free time so it looked like I could do it in a year.
    But then my personal life took a deep turn so my time with UnrealEd ws getting shorter and shorter. Translating my map to UnreaalEd also prooved tricky as I had to redo units convertions and change room sizes cause they looked too small in TUT although their sizes seemed ok in the map.
    Yesterday things got worse, my intire games folder including a partial working version of TH-Library (as well as TUT and other semi-important files) simply disapeared. Im now running a recovery program in an atempt to get those back but with little hope.
    So im looking for a guild that could at the same time help me getting TH-Library ready as well as providing the fun and companionship I had in Legend.

As for the status of the map its like this: I have most of the map's info and layout on papper, missing are loot locations because I havent decided if it will be a loot map, guard paths and how should the building look like outside.

As for my playing skills... hmmmm... well, I like to think im a good guard, probably not as good as thief as I still play Thief Style... well, ask other people maybe they can help you.
    More info you can try to PM (although last time someone PMed me the PM never actually arrived) or call me on my MSN, its [email protected]
    Feel the power of the

Giving some of the other guilds reps, I can only wish you good luck, Antero.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Just a small update.
      I regrett to anounce that TH-Library is indeed lost, a big thanks to Chief for helping me out on this one im still recovering the other files but no sign of my map. Good thing most of my work is still on a very well kept paper.
      I have considered your offer chief and im ready to give it a try although I doubt anything good will come out of it.
      So I will probably try joining EDG since they were the only ones to reply to my post.
      Feel the power of the

Comment

*looks up from blowing nose*

Umm. Well kept paper? Ooops....

Comment

LR its not funny I still havent found what deleted those files.
          But yeah you are right keeping isnt enough maybe I shhhhould hiyde it myyy prrrecious map
          Feel the power of the

Comment

Yet another victim of the "Backups? Who needs backups?" syndrome.
            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
              LR its not funny I still havent found what deleted those files.
              But yeah you are right keeping isnt enough maybe I shhhhould hiyde it myyy prrrecious map
              Sorry. You're right, whatever deleted your files isn't funny. Just thought I'd lighten the mood a little bit though. Next time, I'll try helium instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
                So I will probably try joining EDG since they were the only ones to reply to my post.

You poor guy

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Sorry. You're right, whatever deleted your files isn't funny. Just thought I'd lighten the mood a little bit though. Next time, I'll try helium instead.
                  Nah, i ws a bit rush on you there, then i edited my post but you seemed to have missed the point somewhat... thx for the help

Originally posted by Skull
                  You poor guy
                  Yeah... no one wants skulls these days :|

Forgot to mention, its probably just me being paranoid but I suspect Steam since Half-Life was installed in that folder and Steam has been on all week.
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

I think you are parnoid, Steam has worked fine with me hasnt deleted anything. The only thing it has done is be a pain in the ***, but hopefully they will get all the bugs out soon.
                    Reality Is Only An Allusion Due To A Lack Of Alcohol.

Comment

Im not at all paranoid with Steam, I used steam for a while when it weas still beta and it had no problems at all.
                      Thing is I had started to use Steam exactly one week ago and it wss the only thing I used for all those days.
                      Anyway it might not be steam, I uninstalled Half-Life and the outdated Sierra utilities prior to discovering this Half-Life was installed in my games folder.
                      Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Sorry. You're right, whatever deleted your files isn't funny.
                        You should know.

:wink:
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Antero,

Get in touch with me ([email protected]) or ([email protected] - MSN) and I'll try to guide you through some ways to retrieve your file, I'm assuming you've still got the Harddrive which contained the file?

Also, it might be easier for you to "talk" to me as you do this, contact me and I'll get you in the TuF teamspeak server to chat you through the process. If you're ready to give up searching for the file I'm sorry. But I've managed to retrieve 3000 MP3's and all my univeristy files after a Harddrive crash before, even through the partitions had been erased, so I should be able to guide you through and recover your map.

Hmm, as for looking for a guild... I dont think I can help you there! your hopeless!! (JOKE! REALLY! DON'T HIT ME AGAIN!)
                          ~TuF~

Comment

Well, thank you mach, I already added you to my MSN cya there then.
                            Feel the power of the

Comment

hey, if your interested in joining in Fag email me at [email protected] or jus pm me here
                              Boss: Can you at least make coffee?
                              Guy: It didn't work out at my last job
                              Boss: where did you last work?
                              Guy: Starbucks

Comment

Working...
                              X