Notice to all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice to all.

Because some mean person :cry: (dunno who other than it wasn't LR) closed my edg thread i'll post it here.

Spamslayer has been dishonourably discharged from [E.D.G] for conduct unbefitting a member. By this we mean he broke our most important guild rules of not ko-ing and not dming. After being given fair warning over these rules he was then given a last warning. He then said he was off to play Thievery (that was on Saturday 15th November) he then koed on Theatre, and went wild with a sword on breakout and attempted (but failed) to ko the guards on gerome. He is therefore kicked and free for any guilds who may want him.
    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

I'd forgotten EDG were a ghosting guild... poor old Spam went a bit DM-crazy and it didn't turn out too well for him and his team, I must say.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

you mean to tell me that to be in EDG you can't ever KO, not even in a harmless public game? Since when is it a guilds place to tell a player how he can play a game. I understand completely if you can't KO or Kill in a match in a ghosting guild, but to have your actions restricted against how you want to play a mere public game?

Thats ridiculous IMO... (I wonder if TSG has a similar rule?)

Of course guilds are a private matter, and whos place is it to tell you how to run your guild, particularly considering Spamslayer knew the rules when he signed up.

Comment

That last sentence is key, Jarvis...

EDG is a ghosting guild, and it has stuck with its ideals, and that means that Spamslayer signed up to be part of a ghosting guild. It isn't a guild telling a player how to play the game, it's a specialized guild for people who like to play a certain way. If they don't want to be restricted, then they don't join.

In no way is this ridiculous.

Comment

Mmmhm. Mm-hm! :roll:
          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
            you mean to tell me that to be in EDG you can't ever KO, not even in a harmless public game? Since when is it a guilds place to tell a player how he can play a game. I understand completely if you can't KO or Kill in a match in a ghosting guild, but to have your actions restricted against how you want to play a mere public game?

Thats ridiculous IMO... (I wonder if TSG has a similar rule?)
            Kinda disagree. I made the Wraiths a real ghosting guild -- all the members ghosted all the time. Public games, private games, matches, practice games, it didn't matter, ya had to ghost. This worked because all the members enjoyed ghosting, and likely would have played that way anyways. There might have been a couple exceptions -- I think Machine ventilated a few AI once -- but they were damn rare.

I don't think it's absurd. There was never an issue with it in the Wraiths, and it had advantages. It's a nice way to practice. And it also gave us a solid reputation. Everyone knew after a while that we were ghosters, and our actions showed it.

As I understand it, TSG is similar. They all ghost because they enjoy it.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I understand enjoying it... I was a strict ghoster for quite some time. I lost my taste for it eventually though, now its more of a tool in my bag of tricks. When the situation calls for it (and it does more foten then not) I ghost.

My point isn't that its ridiculous to have a ghosting guild, my point is its ridiculous to kick someone out of such a guild for venting sometimes. Sure, if he was blatant DMer it would tarnish the vision of the guild... but I highly doubt a DMer would join a ghosting guild in the first place, and if such a guild let a DMer in then they should screen recruits more.

The beauty of this game is its openness. We all favor different styles, but occasionally doesn't it feel good to release and do something different with out having to worry about being kicked out of your guild? I know I enjoy the variety.

I also would like to bring attention to the way this was brought about. Dishonorably discharged? So hes not honorable because he used a different playstyle? I know they're just words, and probably aren't meant to be serious, but I would be a little insulted by that myself.

Just my two cents. I suppose its for reasons like this that I've never opted to join a ghosting guild despite my facsination and love of the playstyle. Freedom over all I say. Best of luck to spamslayer... who still holds his honor in my eyes (unless there are circumstances I don't know.)

Best of luck to EDG as well, I hope you manage to realize your ghosting vision.

{edit} How about this comprimise... which I think is completely fair across the board(hypothetically speaking of course). When your wearing your guild tag, you always ghost. To not ghost with the tag on can be punishable as such. When not wearing it, it should be fair game. Or atleast let the player alias and do as he likes.

What do the ghosting guilds think of that? Thats how I would run one myself.

Comment

Just a small word to Spamslayer, GOOD LUCK man, it was nice meeting you.
                Feel the power of the

Comment

Anyway the way our guild works is, we have something called The Black Mark System, for all you Americans it works like baseball/softball, you get 3 strikes and you're out. Spam had continually dmed and koed in almost every game, (even when his admin was there and he knew he was being watched by me) this all eventually led to him reaching 3/3black marks.
                  As admin one rule I have is if you reach 3/3 you're either kicked immediately or given one last chance. In this case (cos im getting soft in my old age) I gave him another chance, I had reinstalled Thievery so taffer made a good alias for watching him when he said he was off into Thievery (he had just been told on msn it was his very last chance) I followed him and was appalled to see him ko and dm. So Jarvis the point of all that was that i'm showing you that your sentence -
                  Sure, if he was blatant DMer it would tarnish the vision of the guild
                  - is correct in why we kicked him. As to the language I just wanted to make it sound like a military discharge :wink:
                  But we're both still on friendly terms (talking on msn messenger etc) and I and most of the guild also wish him Good Luck. 8)
                  [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Yea!! I remember now...Breakout i got 2 killz going for 3rd but Thieves won the map :'( And i remember DE...19 KO's!!! they kept waking up bodies i kept KO'ing it was fun and i wish me luck too (i set a new highh-low score for myself to beat -124 Wish me luck beating this score GL to Chief against FAG lol you'll need all the help u need
                    ME DM'ing--->
                    :swordthi:
                    Chief after seeing me DM---> :x
                    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Its a difficult choice and people question you when your guild homes a DMer.... personally I like to have hardcore DMers on my side, and I think it makes a guild more rounded if you have a DMer in the guild, as he can give you advice on tactics on how to counter them, etc.

Sorry to hear about the discharge... its never pleasant for both partys.
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Parties? I like parties Fixxer u on now?! i just posted!

Comment

so serious dragon
                          The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff
                            so serious dragon
                            but true. VERY true.

He was usefuol for our prestige, saying we can't get much lower than we are (psst, chief.. loosen up and have fun!) but it's too bad he was kicked really.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Too bad you mean JOYFUL matters i stand on hard ground ok i don't know what i'm saying but i do know that i was tired of this
                              Chief Whosmoralsareelastic says: BLAH BLAH BLAH
                              (chief if you remember this you said it a while back lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X