X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biohazard
    • Jan 2003

TSG vs M Results

I was going to make a post about this, but Dalai made the greatest review yet for a TurfWars match. Thanks to him for spectating for us and making the report.

Also thanks to M for being patient with us. The match finally came together, and even though it was a little rough in the second round, we worked it out. I do think that the TurfWars rules should be looked into a bit further when it comes to the use of bug exploits however....

• TafferBoy
    • Mar 2003

No wonder Dalai was so quiet, he was a busy little bee.

GJ Dalai, although i wish you had said hi to me :cry:

.: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Dalai
      Project Lead
      • May 2002

Hello TafferBoy

Comment

• LaughingRat
        • Jan 2003

Assuming there are no objections from M, I'll update the standings.

Thanks to Dalai for such a fantastic write-up!

Comment

• Rodent
          • Jan 2003

Well DoneTSG, and good work to members of M.
          Nightwarden,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

• Shug
            • Jan 2003

GG boys

Originally posted by Biohazard
            I do think that the TurfWars rules should be looked into a bit further when it comes to the use of bug exploits however....
            Now, I coded barrels and crates to be pushable for just this very reason. Thievery offers many ways to play and making use of the environment and objects in it are perfectly feasible tactics. This however, doesn't stop Phaethorn sitting and complaining about it for 5 minutes before carrying on with the game.

Interesting
            Nightmaster,
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Yenzarill
              • Jan 2003

TurfWars rules should be looked into a bit further when it comes to the use of bug exploits however....
              I agree, one of these days someone might use a nasty bug exploit. We should act now before it happens, right?

Comment

• TafferBoy
                • Mar 2003

The truth of the matter is, we planned to camp doors, but louie suspected a thief got out, so I made the call to fall back to the exits.
                Too bad it was the wrong call to make, but still

Once at the snow exit, I decided to use the barrels, that's why the mapper put them there right?
                Anyhow, thieves firstly, didn't really try to escape via second exit and also, from experience, it is not hard to push through barrels and then run to exit, I had no traps, no whistlers, NO other options.
                Fun game, but besides the point, once our thieving effort failed, it was pretty much all over. I really do hope there are no hard feelings.

Its worth looking into those barrels for the next version though, they can be used to much greater effect then what i put them to.

Nice one picking up on the Ai hearing Rodent and alerting Phae, you have a keen eye thats for sure Dalai :wink:

Comment

• Dalai
                  Project Lead
                  • May 2002

"Thanks to him for spectating for us and making the report" "GJ Dalai" "Thanks to Dalai for such a fantastic write-up!"

Np, was a fun match to watch.

Re: the barrels - I can see in cases where you push two alongside one another, so that they're unpushable, they could break certain maps ("chokepoints" being Breakout's middle name), but most offer alternative routes. For the ones that don't, I'd say the map was broken, not the barrels.

Incidently, was the version of Breakout with a third stairwell and a vent route up ever released? Though after watching this game, I guess the guards would rush straight to those two exit doors and it'd still be quite the chokepoint map.

Comment

• Biohazard
                    • Jan 2003

You know as well as I do that those barrels cause the 'crater into an abyss'. That's my only problem with that. I don't care how many legitimate crates you throw at the door, but don't use the ones that are b0rked when you could easily get real crates.

Comment

• LaughingRat
                      • Jan 2003

The other issue with those barrels specifically is that they're indestructible. I think all the other moveable barrels in the other maps can be destroyed. If that were the case with these, even pushing two together so they can't be pushed out of the way would be a non-issue.

Comment

• Nachimir
                        • Jan 2003

Well done guys

Comment

• DarkBill
                          • Jan 2003

Great work TSG -- that's not an easily ghosted map.
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• TafferBoy
                            • Mar 2003

You know as well as I do that those barrels cause the 'crater into an abyss'. That's my only problem with that. I don't care how many legitimate crates you throw at the door, but don't use the ones that are b0rked when you could easily get real crates.
                            Sry mate, but i have to say that you are wrong, its not those barrels in particular that cause the 'crater
                            bug, but any crates, books and other things. It happens to me a fair bit as well. Basically Phae was unllucky to be dealt that bug at that moment, but.

1) The Mockers and I cannot be held responsible for random bugs in the game.
                            2) I did not take full advantage of the fact that the barrels are indestructable, you can use them in such a way that they render the snow exit completely impossible to get through.
                            3) At the time I said I was sorry that you were effected by that crater bug, and I meant that. Mockers and I do NOT rely on Map Bugs and exploits to win maps, we played the game in a fair spirit.

Remember that you won, congraulations!

Comment

• Shug
                              • Jan 2003

First of all Bill, the map WASN'T ghosted...

And now, I feel I should say my piece for Gladius.
                              The use of those crates was not a pre-meditated action, our plan never involved them and that's important to note. What did happen was that he ended up with a thief behind him, another before him, a completed objective and a complete lack of equipment and traps.
                              As a result, he chose to use those crates in a manner that meant they could still be by-passed, but aided him to defend a position by himself (and realistically, had he not, it was game over.)
                              I'm proud that Gladius had the courage to make the call and that he stood by it despite the absolute shit-storm that got thrown his way by two players renowned for their ability to whinge the leg off a chair.
                              TSG decided they would not use the fact that they had him surrounded to work as a team to remove a counterable blockade. Instead, some (completely unverified as far as I can tell) accusations were thrown and in the end, unless I am gravely mistaken, they spat the dummy and suicided without even trying to win in a situation that was extremely winnable.
                              Nightmaster,
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X