Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics unnacceptable in Turfwars

OK Everyone, start adding some.

Then we can discuss them, and make a more official final list... with LaughingRat's approval, I hope. This list can be used to keep track of controversial phenomenae in certain maps. These can then be outlawed, or kept note of so that guilds must agree on their legality BEFORE a turfwars round.

Aquatone:
    • Using the chest to block the elevator from going down.
    • Using a mine to move the elevator up.

Asylum:
    • Using the gate's bug to get inside the spiders cage.
    • Using the gap in the gate to kill the big spider.
    • Using lockpicks or any other method to gain acces to the doctors room as guards, if the doors are still locked on all sides.
    • Completing the "exit" objective before the "body" objective.

Breakout:
    • Using the "bugged" barrels to block the exit.

Gerome:
    • Bolting the slidedoor so it will not go open.
    • Completing the "exit" objective before the "evidence" objective.

Grange:
    • Accessing the roof area near the exit.

Korman:
    • Using lockpicks to locate the gems.
    • Using lean to locate the gems.

Nostalgia:
    • Thieves using the "wall exit".
    • Guards using the "wall exit".
    • "Bolting Down" the lyre.

Skeltsons Head:
    • Grabbing the map through a locked chest.
    • "Bolting Down" the chests.

Spider:
    • Thieves accessing the apartments via the vents.
    • Guards accessing the apartments via the vents.

Stronghold:
    • Using lockpicks to locate the plans.
    • Using lean to locate the plans.

Theatre:
    • Thieves using the wall exit.
    • Guards using the wall exit.
    • Accessing the roof of the theatre.

I also added the things you mentioned to this list yenz, if you don't mind. I'm not saying all of these should be disbanned from the tournament ... but it's just a list of things guilds can agree on before doing the match. I think that's a good idea indeed
    • 1. a) Aquatone : Using the chest to block the elevator from going down.
      1. b) Aqautone : Using a mine to move the elevator up.

2. a) Asylum : Using the gate's bug to get inside the spiders cage.
      2. b) Asylum : Using the gab in the gate to kill the big spider.
      2. c) Asylum : Using lockpicks or any other method to gain acces to the doctors room as guards, if the doors are still locked on all sides.

3) Breakout: Using the "bugged" barrels to block the exit.

4) Gerome : Bolting the slidedoor so it will not go open.

5) Korman: Guards using lockpicks to locate the gems.

6 a) Nostalgia : Thieves using the "wall exit".
      6 b) Nostalgia : Bolting the lyre on the display, so you have to remove 20 bolts before you can grab it.

7. a) Skelstonhead : Grabbing the map through a locked chest.
      7. b) Skelstonhead : Bolting the chests so it's not posible to open the chest before you remove 20 bolts out of the way.

8.) Spider: Using the vents as an entry to the apps, for both teams.

9.) Stronghold: Guards using lockpicks to locate the battle plans.

10.) Theatre : Using the wall to get out.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

* Spiders :Thieves using the vents to get into the apartments.
      * Grange: Thieves using to rooftops to get into position to exit.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
        If thieves lose enough lockpicks for guards to do these things...
        [img]
        Read my post better mort. :roll:

And i'll add the thieves too. Those vents should not be an entry, only an exit.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

No offence intended... but:

The idea of the thread was to compile a list of tactics that should be discussed prior to a turfwars match, not your opinion.

Comment

OK Folks, I am going to edit out the garbage in this thread to keep it neat and tidy, ok. OK.

Comment

Sorry Phae - I hadn't read the other thread yet (or even this one particularily well :X). My apologies. Apologies to BrokenArts as well for making more work for an already overworked moderator.

Err... I should stop posting after midnight.
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

I think everything here is going to be opinions right now Yenz.....

Anyway, I don't think using lockpicks to open things as a guard is wrong in any situation. I do however think an unnacceptable bug exploit would be to lean in or whatever it is people do to see where the ruby/map is. Opening it up should be allowed if the guards get enough lockpicks.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Comment

True Bio, but I don't think this is a list of Bug Exploits, just merely things that could be agreed upon by both teams before a map.

I like the idea of the theatre one, not using the wall to exit, its easy enough to exit normally as it is. A Good idea to make a more entertaining Turfwars encounter.
                  .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

I think it's a list of bug exploits and other misc things that should be covered.

Comment

There is not a single thing listed in this thread so far that is not counterable, or makes any map unwinnable for either side. The discussion of what is "lame" is the only lame thing here at this point.

You people all need to just get over it. There are always going to be map specific tactics that one side or the other can use to gain an advantage. That's what competitive play is all about. Not one of those things should be banned for use in TurfWars. If teams want to agree not to use specific tactics on a match-by-match basis, go right ahead.

Comment

Yes, but we can at least create a list of things so people know WHAT things they should consider, right? I mean, part of the problem with the spiders match was that the Mockers didn't know you could get in through the vents - the map's creator had told them it was impossible. If they'd know of it, they could have established whether or not it was acceptable beforehand with their opponents. Can we agree to change the thread title to something a little more suitable, like "Discussable level explots in Turf Wars", and have a big section in bold at the start about the thread topic?
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

How about shooting the door with a bolt/arrow in Theatre so that it can't open?

Comment

SCRUB ALERT

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                              Yes, but we can at least create a list of things so people know WHAT things they should consider, right?
                              Sure, go right ahead. Just don't expect me to support making it TurfWars canon.

Originally posted by Biohazard
                              How about shooting the door with a bolt/arrow in Theatre so that it can't open?
                              As many entrances as there are to the Theater, closing off one hardly makes the map unfair or unwinnable.

Originally posted by Dalai
                              LMAO, Dalai! I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to say it this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X