Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge: T^F Challenges TuF - Only One Shall Remain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge: T^F Challenges TuF - Only One Shall Remain!

The P^rtly Forgiven hereby challenge The Unforgiven to a 3 versus 3 grudgematch using Standard Match Rules.

The members of T^F will be under alias, but we assure TuF that all members are in good standing and have never been banned on any server. If you would like us to confirm our true identities with a third party, we will do so.

The intent of this match is to have fun, and to show the Keepers of TuF how this game is played. If The Unforgiven are willing to take us on, let us know so we can get this match going soon. May the best Keeper win!

Well, since we ARE the Keepers, I dunno about "May the best Keeper win."

Grudgematch...hmm, okay, so the Mockers challenge TuF to a match.

Comment

Surprised they didn't challenge us!

Comment

Originally posted by The P^rtly Forgiven
        ...and to show the Keepers of TuF how this game is played.
        Feeling a little bit cocky lately, are you?

Comment

The intent of this match is to have fun, and to show the Keepers of TuF how this game is played.
          And a little contradictory, too...

Personally, I don't want to accept. Particularly when you're hiding under an alias, being disrespectful to my guild. I don't speak for TuF, though. But I say, find the guts to challenge us normally. And find the guts to admit you really want to win, don't hide behind the "it's for fun" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
            Personally, I don't want to accept. Particularly when you're hiding under an alias, being disrespectful to my guild. I don't speak for TuF, though. But I say, find the guts to challenge us normally. And find the guts to admit you really want to win, don't hide behind the "it's for fun" crap.
            We're not being disrespectful towards your guild, and we're sorry if that's how it came across. Since we're challenging one of the best guilds in this game, we felt that a bit of banter would be taken as such.

Yeah, we'd like to win, it would be cool to best a guild as good as TuF. That's not the real goal, however. We're in this for the fun, and the challenge. It would be a shame if you decided to decline this match, we're looking forward to it.

We're playing under aliases half for the irony, half because it makes it interesting. It's not that we're lacking guts, no more than TuF was before you went public. We're not an alias for some guild, we're a friendly group of players similar, to how we understand ! to work. Except anonymous, at least for now.

Comment

lol nice name
              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Sandman, don't you have anything else to do than browse the forums and launch an offtopic one line post there and there?

I don't see why we should refuse this challenge... after all, we know TuF probably owns this wannabe.
                JM

Comment

We're not being disrespectful towards your guild, and we're sorry if that's how it came across. Since we're challenging one of the best guilds in this game, we felt that a bit of banter would be taken as such.

Yeah, we'd like to win, it would be cool to best a guild as good as TuF. That's not the real goal, however. We're in this for the fun, and the challenge. It would be a shame if you decided to decline this match, we're looking forward to it.

We're playing under aliases half for the irony, half because it makes it interesting. It's not that we're lacking guts, no more than TuF was before you went public. We're not an alias for some guild, we're a friendly group of players similar, to how we understand ! to work. Except anonymous, at least for now.
                  Thanks for the calm reply. I'm betting at least one of your "members" knows me well enough to know that I'm a fairly sensitive bastard, and pick up undertones in posts that sometimes aren't there (Although I'm fairly sure they usually are...like in this one). I am, in turn, easily offended by these "undertones."

Thank you for the respect, I am now sure you aren't Okih-imus. I'm sure we can talk, and probably do this match. It could be fun. And that will be our intent...to have fun. As you're well aware, there's not much preparing to be done against a team full of aliases. Shall we agree on a map? Or, since you're all aliasing, will you dare to have us choose the map and tell you what it is the day of the match?

Wait to hear a response from the rest of TuF. If we matched you, we'd probably have to wait until we got a Turf Wars match or two played.

And Lurox...don't get cocky. :wink: FixXxer's gone, you don't have to take his place quite yet.

Comment

That poster is not a Mocker, Dragon.

We're not afraid to reveal ourselves :wink:
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Hmmmm... sounds good.

What would be the format of the match? Similar to others I take it, whereby both guilds come with a map in mind to theif and guard, if there is no clear winner at the
                      end of 4 rounds, we move to mutually agreed maps?

Also, there is a rule in the "standard match rules" which states that no aliases are allowed in game... so although you may hide behind them until the match day, is it your plan to reveal who you are at the start of the match? If you are planning to use aliases during the match, may I ask that TuF are permitted to do the same, but that both sides reveal who was who at match end?

Finally would a decision over the weekend be ok whilst we consult our members?
                      ~TuF~

Comment

I'm interested to know if you're cocky enough to let us choose the map on the day...or would you rather one be chosen first so both teams can practice if needed?
                        One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                        -
                        The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I don't feel anything for this ,i don't like playing against '' unknown'' persons.

Comment

For what it's worth, I can confirm that "The P^rtly Forgiven" is not anyone who's ever been permanently banned from any server I'm aware of, nor is s/he a member of TuF.

Personal opinion, though, it does seem like a team playing anonymously might have a little advantage over a team not playing anonymously, as the open team won't have any insight into the tactics or playstyle of the anonymous players, while the reverse isn't true. Still, perhaps TuF could consider that a challenge in itself.

Besides, "The P^rtly Forgiven" needs all the help s/he can get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                              Hmmmm... sounds good.

What would be the format of the match? Similar to others I take it, whereby both guilds come with a map in mind to theif and guard, if there is no clear winner at the
                              end of 4 rounds, we move to mutually agreed maps?
                              The standard match rules specify 3 maps, with each team thieving and guarding once per map. If that results in a tie, so be it.

Also, there is a rule in the "standard match rules" which states that no aliases are allowed in game... so although you may hide behind them until the match day, is it your plan to reveal who you are at the start of the match? If you are planning to use aliases during the match, may I ask that TuF are permitted to do the same, but that both sides reveal who was who at match end?
                              Both teams aliasing and revealing themselves at the end, if that's acceptable.

Finally would a decision over the weekend be ok whilst we consult our members?
                              That would be okay.

Originally posted by Chainsaws
                              I'm interested to know if you're cocky enough to let us choose the map on the day...or would you rather one be chosen first so both teams can practice if needed?
                              The standard match rules specify three maps, two rounds on each. Shall we agree on two beforehand, and leave the third for TuF to reveal at the beginning of the match? It would have to be one of the official 1.4 maps, however.

Originally posted by Skull
                              I don't feel anything for this ,i don't like playing against '' unknown'' persons.
                              Likely the feeling many had playing against the old TuF. We appreciate the irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X