• Show
Clear All
  • Chalrif
    • Jan 2003

TuF vs TCO Stronghold Match Summary

Thieves: Chalrif, Cliff, ZT

Guards: Dragon, Machine, Gabriel

--Round One TCO Thieving, TuF Guarding--

TCO thieves get to work as TuF guards rapidly set up for the oncoming (and fast coming) assault. ZT tries to contact SNAFU via MSN... yes... while playing. Cliff and ZT then get to knocking heads and a few koes are successful, while Chalrif nabs a decently guarded safe key from Machine's grasp. Chalrif heads down to check the campaign safe for the battle plans. None present. By now, the ZT accompanied Cliff, had been slain once. Chalrif took a few bolts as he danced in and out of the stronghold, finally arriving at the safe under the stairs. Unlocking and relocking the safe (and grabbing the battle plans in between) Chalrif bolted out the door to sit in front of the outside exit with 270 loot.

After 15 minutes of ZT saying he almost had the remaining loot, and Cliff koing people and finally falling to Gabriel's blade; TuF had set up at both exits. Chalrif silently watched Dragon atop his tent, listening intently, for another 5 minutes. Finally ZT emerged with the loot in hand (about 260). As he crept toward Chalrif, he forgot to crouch and attracted Dragon's attention. Dragon threw a flare right at Chalrif (he was facing the other way) and proceeded to burn him and chop him up. Ouch. ZT snatched the plans that the thief had dropped and ran back to the stronghold to get loot. A few more close encounters and ZT was finally shot down by Dragon as he turned the corner. Victory round one goes to TuF.

--Round Two, TCO Guarding, TuF Thieving--

Thieves: Dragon, Machine, Lurox

Guards: Chalrif, ZT, Cliff

Disappointing as it was, the show had to go on. SNAFU and MM were unable to come to their calling to defend the Stronghold.

TCO set up, 'stilling' the guards in their proper spots. ZT places some traps in the attic. Chalrif places traps in the doorway of the private study. The action is quick, the 400 loot requirement fufilled almost immediately. Lurox fell to Chalrif in the private study hallway. About three seconds after, Machine ran into the traps in the private study and flash bombed Chalrif. Chalrif (still in the doorway) firebolted, and managed to kill Machine. In Dragon's own words talking to me, after that, "I came up from the basement behind you, and was like, SHIT...I knew that was the last safe that didn't get checked. So I somehow managed to pull out my bj... You just looked evil..." and yes, you guessed it, the famous ghoster koed Chalrif and nabbed the battle plans to win the game through the wall breach. In later discussion Dragon said in his defense: "Well, you looked like you were just grinning your ass off, laughing that you were about to kill a second thief." And in Chalrif's defense: "I got two of four thieves... a 50%, but there's only so much I can do!" Victory in round two and match goes to TuF.

TuF take Grange (which would have been their tie breaker).

GG's TuF. I would like to hear it from your side too. We -will- play you again
    Still -)(The Chosen One)(-
  • Machine
    • Jan 2003

Round 1 -

TuF run to setup defences right away, we don't bother with AI initially, some fucker grabbed my key, and I have to say my attempt to stop him was.... pathetic... but nevertheless... the militaristic aspect in me starts shouting "GUARD THE MOTHER F--KING SAFES!!" my buddies answer the call..

8 x safes are too hard for 3 x guards to hold, so the map is obtained... my heart sank... NO BEATEN! but... Dragon... for some reason had his caps lock on because he's shouting "GET TO THE EXITS!!!" "MACHINE!! GET INSIDE EXIT!!" I'm like WTF?!?! I'm the leader!! oh ok then!!

I run down and some nice fellow (gabe i think) had placed AI there, I gathed up 3 ai and blocked the breach.

I don't know what happened outside, i stood my ground and we won! I didn't gain many points as such but still a part of the team.

TuF Win, though I really seriously thought TCO had it.

------------------------
    Round 2

I dash to the tent for a key, Dragon is waiting for me to unlock his door Lurox gets there first and lets him in Dragon goes for it, I manage to get into the attic, and checked up there, as I got to the bottom of the stairs I hear Lurox die...

... Hmm... both me and dragon had the same IDEA... that last safe, it had the map in! we both ran there, I ran in can mashed my feet on some caltrops, I was firebolted, and jiggled about and flashed, but ultimately died, but, as I looked back at the doorway from my corpse, DRAGON!!! comes bursting in over a recently KO'd body... DEDUM!! map collected, DEDUMM, Level complete.

All in all, an intense round where our scripted plans fell apart and we went for dynamic play, Luck played a large part, both unlucky in map placement, but lucky on recovery and timing.
    -------------------------

Good games TCO, thanks for raising my blood pressure in both rounds!!
    ~TuF~

Comment

• Skull
      • Oct 2003

Ok some screensshots :

Round 1

-----

-----

-----

Round 2

-----

-----

Comment

• Biohazard
        • Jan 2003

How come TuF gets Grange?

Comment

• The Dragon
          • Jan 2003

According to Turf Wars rules, a guild attempts a takeover and another guild challenges them, and then the guild who originally attempted the takeover wins, this guild can take the tiebreaker map as their prize rather than the takeover map. If they choose this option, the takeover map returns to the unclaimed turf pool.

Comment

• LaughingRat
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The Dragon
            According to Turf Wars rules, a guild attempts a takeover and another guild challenges them, and then the guild who originally attempted the takeover wins, this guild can take the tiebreaker map as their prize rather than the takeover map. If they choose this option, the takeover map returns to the unclaimed turf pool.
            What he said.

Comment

• Chalrif
              • Jan 2003

Nice pictures Skull!

The one captures my surprize and horror as the flare lights me up :lol:

Comment

• The Dragon
                • Jan 2003

Yeah, I really thought that particular shot was brilliant as well. It captures a whole story...look at me standing up on the tent, shouting "You shall not pass!" and you crawling to safety...

Comment

• Biohazard
                  • Jan 2003

That sucks. You took TCO's homebase, without having to play them on it.

That rule really sucks...

Comment

• LaughingRat
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Biohazard
                    That sucks. You took TCO's homebase, without having to play them on it.

That rule really sucks...
                    The alternative is that either any guild challenging a takeover has nothing to lose by doing so, or that the guild attempting a takeover could potentially win two maps in a single match.

Thought you were in TSG now, anyway?

Comment

• Chalrif
                      • Jan 2003

How would you get two in a single match?

Comment

• Salvage
                        • Jan 2003

The takeover map as well as the tiebreaker map.
                        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

• LaughingRat
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Salvage
                          The takeover map as well as the tiebreaker map.
                          What he said.

Comment

• Brody
                            • Mar 2003

Congrats both Teams for a fair and fun play.
                            Congrats TuF for Victory.
                            A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                            Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

• Brody
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheMachine
                              Round 1 -

I'm like WTF?!?! I'm the leader!! oh ok then!!
                              ....and my buddy
                              A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                              Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Working...
                              X