Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurfWars

REPOST:

I'd like to take this opportunity to bring up TurfWars again. This is an ongoing or tournament style play for Thievery, which simulates guilds of thieves controlling different regions as their "turf" (the different maps). Matches consist of a guild challenging another guild on one of the maps under the challenged guild's control. The challenging guild has to "take" the region (map) by successfully thieving it, then hold it by guarding it. In the event of a tie in these two rounds, a counter-attack is made by the challenged guild on one of the challengers turfs as a tiebreaker. THe goal of tournament play is to control maps with half the loot total of all maps in play.

I'd like to invite the leaders and members of all guilds interested to grab a copy of the TurfWars Rules, read them, and then contact me to register.[/quote]

Moving over to this thread...
    It could be a logistical problem, having completely different members doing the thieving and guarding, since most rounds will probably consist of teams of 3-4 members. You'd have to come up with a way for your thief members to get out of the match server quickly at the end of a round you thieve, and get the guard members in, and vice versa.
    That would be hard, but having a couple minutes in between round to relax and plan wouldn't hurt, and that would give everyone time to switch around. Aside from that concern, is there any problem with the RLF and Wraiths registering together?
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
      That would be hard, but having a couple minutes in between round to relax and plan wouldn't hurt, and that would give everyone time to switch around. Aside from that concern, is there any problem with the RLF and Wraiths registering together?
      I don't see any problem with that. I don't really regard the two as separate guilds, just as different aspects of the same guild. In fact, if some of the RLF guards wanted to take it as a chance to thieve, or some of the Wraiths wanted a chance to do some guarding, that would be fine, too.

Any objections by other guilds interested in playing will have to be addressed, though.

Comment

If any other guilds object, then, let them post here.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I haven't asked anyone, but definately count FAG in for now.

As far as I know, all the Merc members were up for it when it was first suggested & so thats about 50% of FAG

Comment

Yes, FAG is definitely in.
            BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Only RLF/Wraiths and FAG so far? How about the other guilds, ToB, TCO, KYO, EDG?

Comment

How are guilds supposed to get maps if they don't have any?

Comment

Originally posted by MrEricSir
                  They'll be chosen by guilds at the beginning of the tournament, as detailed in the rules.

Comment

sure register us
                    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      They'll be chosen by guilds at the beginning of the tournament, as detailed in the rules.
                      Yes, but what about after the tournament has begun? Shouldn't there be a time limit on the tournament, after which the winners are declared so it can start over again?

Comment

Yes, but what about after the tournament has begun? Shouldn't there be a time limit on the tournament, after which the winners are declared so it can start over again?
                        Have you read through the rules? There's a section dealing with what happens if a guild loses all its turf, and how it can regain some. It also allows for a guild to enter late, as a guild without turf.

The tournament is won by a guild acquiring maps with loot requirements equal to half of the total loot requirements of all maps in play. This means that it CAN be quite an ongoing thing.

Comment

I guess if we're going to get in it would be best to join now.

So consider TCO in.

I really feel bad that we're going to have to school all of you! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                            I really feel bad that we're going to have to school all of you! 8)
                            Heh. Save it for when you've already done it Bio. Otherwise, you lose your dignity as WEEL as the tournament!

But you know, for as mouthy as those EDG guys have been about their scrim with RLF, I'd have figured they'd have jumped in by now. Guess they don't have the guts to go up against a REAL guild....

Comment

I have one problem with the rules, not that it will necessarily apply to me:
                              New Maps
                               Any unofficial maps (those not produced byt the Thievery Development Team) may be added to the Unclaimed Pool on a vote by the guildmasters of the guilds in the Turf War. One vote per guild is allowed, regardless of how many guildmasters a guild has. A simple majority is sufficient (that is, more than 50% - ties do not allow a map to be added to the Unclaimed Pool).
                              There is no guarantee that the guild who was creative enough to make the map will be able to use it. I propose that when selecting map pics, that the responsible guild may forfiet their first 'pick' (and subsequent picks as the case may be) to claim their self-made maps. If a map is created after the inital 'picks' are declared, the guild may claim that map provided they forfiet a similar map.

This will encourage creativity within the guilds to create more maps for the game community - which is definatley a good thing.

TOB would be a likely canidate for this rule, if you need an example of someone to reward.

Kiech

Edit: This special rule is to promote new maps. Maps that were availible during the previous 'draft pick' or were exchanged after they were created are not eligible for these changes.
                              Kiech

Comment

Working...
                              X