Turfwars...the verdict!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turfwars...the verdict!

Whats up, its been like forever and I haven't seen a single challenge, but I have seen a guild die and become reborn. Heh.

So what do you people want to do about it? Give up? NO! I am going to find a way for people to play this thing and have fun with it if I have to hurt Machine to do it.
    Kiech

Speaking of Machine, I know he offered to run Turf Wars like LR did, and Mach would be able to remain completely impartial because his guild (The Unforgiven) wouldn't be participating in it. At the time though I think people were very set on Chief's idea, and I don't think anyone even responded to Machine's post. Too bad, really...because I think he would have done a great job, and as you can see, Chief's Turf Wars didn't seem to work out.

Dunno if Mach is still willing to lead the charge, though, he'll have to speak for himself on that one.

Comment

Well Chief is gone now...for the most part, from TUT. Anything to get this thing rolling again would be great.
      Kiech

Comment

do we have anough guilds do even do this ?
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Its a shame, because the new competition didn't even make it to the stage where the guilds themselves could get involved and start issuing challenges and organising matches.
          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

New competition... is that us? (TNG)
            Based on a true story.
            The prequel.

Comment

As far as Turf Wars went Aggamemnon didnt like the ms paint map i made and said he would get Deep Quantus to make a new map so the guilds could decide which one they preferred, and which playing method they preferred as he also wasnt too keen that maps easy to win as thieves were small, and ones hard to gain as thieves(and easy to guard) were big.

And thats how TWII stopped all those months ago, I did pm the guilds but I never got a response, however only just recently I recieved a pm here complaining that I hadnt replied to a PM I was sent some months back (and which I replied to the next day), so im wondering if any of my private messages (to admins and some members of ToB,FAG,M and those others interested) actually were recieved.

Btw the rules everyone had agreed on can still be found here:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-6/131295/TWIIRules.rtf

And the map id made (remembering that it wasnt designed to look good) is still here:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-6/131295/twiimaplined.JPG

There was also a guild admin only TWII forum started on chaosmatrix but I personally now feel that anything the admins have to say should be said publically and not shrouded in secret- but thats up to you

Btw Phae, there's more guilds if TSG re-appear
              [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

I would glady admin turfwars, I could chase guilds to play each other and be an inpartial mediater in the procedings.
                ~TuF~

Comment

We'd be keen for that. I just want something to happen!
                  Nightmaster,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Hmm, interesting idea with that map, maybe a way could be devised to make this really confrontational. In the original turf wars it was too easy to pick on the weak guys.
                    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -
                    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

So, what's the consensus on the map? Has DQ actually been asked to do one, are we completely overhauling the one Chief did, or what?
                      Nightmaster,
                      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

The truth is you're all afraid cus you know I'll beat! I'll get you on teamspeak and charm you all with my soft irish voice and while your entranced I steal all jor sheet!!!
                        All americans suck donkey balls except for you!

Comment

damnit kiech check your pm's!
                          "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Working...
                          X