NLDW vs Forsaken discussion and scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dragon
    I'm so pleased with the third round of Asylum...I spent the whole match trying to survive and wondering how on earth we'd win...the miracle called Demandred worked his magic, though!
    Very much fun. Actually had to use a decoy in the third round. That's right. A decoy. Without that decoy, Forsaken would have lost. Such irony, that an item so trivial can make all the difference of victory.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there was no abuse of the body bug during the asylum matches. Fact of the matter was that all the vaccines were in the exit along with the body during the last two rounds. The precision at which the Forsaken operated in Asylum round II merely led the opposing team (and maybe some onlookers) to believe the bug was abused.

Awesomely played matches with lots of skill on either side. Once again, t'was great fun, and I look forward to the next.
    Last edited by Chalrif; 11th Mar 2005, 07:35 PM.
    Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

Great review Gabe! Damn that silver key. Fake keys should be a purchasable item ;P
      Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel
        - Rahvin almost successfully trapping a surprised industrialism in the back shed, who then struck at poor Rahvin repeatedly with the ferocity of a caged beast and bursting free, only to be impaled on the sword of Demandred seconds later.
        That was me Indust didnt play grange. You wouldn't want to hear the TS recording after that kill I was so close to slipping out before the guard blocked the door that I actually tried to shove past him, only to get slapped back in with a sword. Good write up gabe, and good game forsaken, a truly dramatic few hours for the NLDW's, but it was fun.

P.S - I would love to hear forsaken's TS chat, phae kept exlaiming how rowdy you guys were compared to our 'tranquility'.

Timmy
        "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Quick question, any screen shots or ts recordings. because I remember someone saying they were recording such stuff...?

Comment

I didn't take a lot of records, for that you'll have to bug homeskillet. I did however mix this little thing. Dragon said he had no lockpicks and kept saying it. Still, in the end his brilliant teammate dares to ask if he has picks or not. Mind you, the question is just once but multiplied by me. The rest is all true, nothing duplicated there

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/NoLockpicks.mp3
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

RoFL Phae.
              Fucking hilarious!

Make one of Moridin and I arguing about the supply chest. That was funny too.

Comment

LoL.

Comment

Strange how no one mentions the cheap under-handed tactics LoToR used as a spectator (and why was he talking during the match)...

Also how only one forsaken member was present at the time posted here, because apparently, the time was changed to 4:30 when the match was supposed to begin (which nobody but creator agreed to)...

Why were there 3 players in TS, one of which spectating the round in the server, from the mutant team, "monitoring" the server...

This match was bullshit, and i've had it with this tournament. It's matches like these that turn me away from serious competition. Because some people seem more intent on winning than having fun and playing a fair game. We lost the match, alright I won't complain about that. But the MSN trick lotor pulled was just low, and immature. I don't care if nothing in the rules mentions this, if you are so unsure of your own skill that you need to try things like that, don't bother to register the team.
                  <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

I don't see why Mutants would nessicarily want to give the match to Forsaken, and I saw it was okay to delay the match to 4:30, because nobody told me they would be short on time. I honestly believe the matches went fairly, and I don't see it any other way.
                    Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Comment

Ok. Lets chill for a second.

First, what MSN trick did lotor pull?
                      Lotor, you have some explaining to do. Firetiger seems ticked off about this and that is something not seen frequently.

Phae was in our channel in order to make sure there was no cheating going on. (spectator information) He asked beforehand if he could spectate for us and help out. Seeing that phae is a member of a non-participating team, we agreed. I think it is wise to have people not of participating teams to take screen shots, make recordings and such because they can gain no benefit from it.

Sorry about the time mishap, we assumed that craeter was speaking on behalf of your entire team. It took awhile for dragon and I to get the server configured due to computer mishaps, so even if we were supposed to play then we had no server to play on. Was one half-hour the deciding factor in how long you were able to play? And if so, we are very sorry. Chalrif had to return from business and was not able to play any earlier. He arrived at 4:10 pm.

Both dragon and I were present at 4:00. We spent a good 25 minutes trying to configure brody's challenge for the match, as we did not have a server prepared. We appreciate the fact that your team cooperated so that we could have a secure match server. You cannot say only one member was present at 4.

Was Archi in you teamspeak channel? He said that he would monitor the teamspeak channel to perform the same purpose as Phae in our channel. I dont see what harm could have come from that.

The only thing I don't know about is the Lotor issue. What happened? please explain.

Comment

FireTiger, either elaborate on your claims or drop them.

And will an admin at Brody's pull the chat logs for me?
                        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

During the match, and at a critical time, LoToR sent me a message via MSN that interupted my game and caused my death. It was just "hey", and he didn't respond when I asked why he did this. I also asked him in TS, and he didn't respond there either. He was in the server, spectating, and in our TS channel (to check for dead-to-live chat).

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                            During the match, and at a critical time, LoToR sent me a message via MSN that interupted my game and caused my death. It was just "hey", and he didn't respond when I asked why he did this. I also asked him in TS, and he didn't respond there either.
                            While that may have been intentionally underhanded -- and I'd like a comment from LoToR on it either way -- you really should have your computer configured not to interupt you while you're playing.
                            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

That's true, and I would have disabled it, but I needed it to be running for my own reasons. I assumed this would be a thievery match, not thievery+MSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                                That's true, and I would have disabled it, but I needed it to be running for my own reasons.
                                While it's unfortunate that it caused your death, it's hardly grounds to dispute the result of the match. I can think of quite a few legitimate reasons he might have IMed you -- I've done similar things before, and it wouldn't even occur to me that it might interupt somebody's game.

Comment

Working...
                                X