No announcement yet.

TW3 : STAMPEDE vs. NLDW - Move 1 - Korman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a rule that makes us forfeit this map? I don't think so.
    If yes forgive me I'm tired and couldn't find it...

Comment

Originally posted by FatRatHead
      Is there a rule that makes us forfeit this map? I don't think so.
      If yes forgive me I'm tired and couldn't find it...
      Match Rule I.

Not sure when you last read it, as the rules went through quite a few edits before the tournament started, but it's always said that if you fail to schedule a match, you forfeit.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Very funny, you just edited the rules...

Comment

You can't argue, WildBill's word is final, even if the rules post was edited a few minutes ago.

Still, to be fair. "Failure to comply with the rules results in disqualification."

Comment

Very funny, you just edited the rules...
            Actually, I edited them to add the link to the banned players topic, and was pondering a couple notes about server cheat prevention after my conversation with Grank, but decided to wait those until I see what people think. The tournament does not revolve around this match.

The rules are not being changed retroactively to cause you to forfeit. They have, since initial conception, read that any team failing to schedule a match will forfeit that match. I even provided an example of this rule on the third page of the sticky in the general forum.

And if you want to think I just edited in that part about forfeits, that's actually worse for you -- by having violated that scheduling rule by not performing the tasks by the required date, the entire team would be disqualified.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

That rule has definitely been there from near the beginning, if not the very beginning. Sure, Stampede taking the forfeit isn't going to make them very popular, but you still have two maps of Turf left. I'd suggest arguing this case is going to be counter-productive.
              Nightmaster,
              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Not really sure about that and by the way could we set five four hour time slots in unreachable time (for them I mean)?
                Thats a bullshitty scheduling system, because when a team has members from a single timezone(or similar) we can give them crappy times so they cant make it or are very tired then ...
                It isnt very nice, being fair or at least little gentle to your opponent is very stupid here.
                We will have to play hard next time.

Comment

Not really sure about that and by the way could we set five four hour time slots in unreachable time (for them I mean)?
                  Thats a bullshitty scheduling system, because when a team has members from a single timezone(or similar) we can give them crappy times so they cant make it or are very tired then ...
                  Theoretically, you could. They could also do the exact same to you.

I'd advise against it. If this tournament comes down to victory by scheduling, I'll find a way to fix it.

Comment

Maybe it will maybe it wont it depends on the smartness of the participants and their hunger for playing TUT.
                    I can say they can't do it to a large team with players from different timezones, so no chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X