Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Rules say if they don't choose time until end of the fourth day the forfeit rule takes it's place. It's not important how late, improtant is it was late. Our team told Bill we can give them the time slots (being late if it has some importance), but he told us to not bother.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRatHead
      No. Rules say if they don't choose time until end of the fourth day the forfeit rule takes it's place. It's not important how late, improtant is it was late. Our team told Bill we can give them the time slots (being late if it has some importance), but he told us to not bother.
      How late most certainly IS important. It's what WB is basing his judgement of what is too late on. Are you saying that, with a 15 day move time, someone who's, say, 13 days late should STILL be allowed to schedule their match? Because that's what "It's not important how late" means.

I'll also bring up this:
      Originally posted by WildBill
      VII - I am the sole and final arbiter of this tournament. Any issue will be resolved by me, and my word is final.
      That condition was stated at the beginning, before you ever signed up. If you're unprepared to abide by it, you had no business joining the tournament in the first place.

In this case, as the sole and final arbiter of the tournament, WB has stated that he's being lenient on deadlines at first, and that one day falls within that leniency, and three doesn't.

Presumably, you got into this to have fun. It seems like it's not much fun for you, which gets me back to my initial suggestion:

Quit.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and drop out of the tournament. It'll be less of a headache for you, and more importantly, for everyone else.

It's also worth noting that as sole and final arbiter, WB has the right to penalize you or your team for your continued insolence. So if you intend to take the adult route, and live with the consequences of your actions, you may want to consider shutting up about it, lest some other penalty or censure be levied.

Comment

Yes, you're right I better leave.

I quit!
        <<<resigned in the middle of the match, but if thats my belief, it's the best thing.

Thanks for helping me out of this LR.

Comment

Originally posted by FatRatHead
          Thanks for helping me out of this LR.
          Sure, man, no problem. I'm just doing my part to make this a better world.

Comment

Ok thanks for that enlightening discussion...

The main problem for us in organising this match was that we had 2 of our 3 main ranking players without access to computers/internet and the 3rd (me) was trying to celebrate my birthday with family and friends, so I apoligise if the organisation was a little late.

Originally posted by Machine
            TuF TS now has channels for teams if they require. If I am around during this and other matches I shall be availible for speccing. Good luck to both teams.
            Thx machine.
            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Life comes before video games any day.
              Is the server set?

Comment

Grank has been contacted with our request.
                Nightmaster,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

It's nearly 10:00AM now

Comment

seems to be a mix up with the times, and also we haven't got a server organised yet.

EDIT: The situation unfortunatly looks pretty unworkable at the moment, we have no server and a drastic miscalcuation of the match time.

We'll need to reschedule until we get word back from the admins about the discussed arrangment for the match, really sorry about the inconvience. . At this stadge does 10pm your time sound plausible? or any other time later today?
                    Last edited by TafferBoy; 12th Mar 2005, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Yes, 10PM sounds great

Comment

cheers Oki.

Comment

would anyone mind if i was a spectator in this match?
                          This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
                            Would anyone mind if i was a spectator in this match...
                            .. and give the locations to my brother in the next room?

Disclaimer: Just kiding.
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

No we don't mind, you can also sit in on our TS channel and I we will be taking up Machine's offer to use TuF teamspeak.

Comment

cool! thx

lol phae, now they will be supicious if i dont talk and mad at me if i do
                                This is my cool sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X