Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats the basic idea behind using a teamspeak server with myself, mach, phae, chains, fixxxer (not at present nm) etc etc

One or two people that can irritate, are not as bad when you have 2, 3 or even 4 good people/friends to play with at your side/together.
    How TuF are you?
    League of Legends
    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

• I think thats its likely to be the case LR, because the people in our active guild generally play from the same timezone. But there are also plenty of players around that I enjoy playing with/respect that aren't in my guild grouping.
      There is no question for me that being in a guild is a large part of what makes the game enjoyable.
      .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shug
        So anyway Rad, how do you know what private servers are like when nobody invites you? Oh, wait... you probably wouldn't.
        Those are the kind of vague arguments and ideas we're up against here, people. Open your eyes.
        actually it's basing off the recent experience wit hthe TurfWars matches I played in. Relatively private servers, you might say. That lack of respect is what i get everywhere, and why i find playing difficult. Onbce upon a time poeple cared about what I'd say, but only a few people would anymore. Go ahead. make a joke on this post too.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• Mate, it wasn't a joke - it was a pretty clear statement of fact. Either way I can't comment on you getting "respect" or not - but if you get bagged, it must be when I'm not around. Apparently Cliff left because he wasn't "respected" anymore, too. What does that even mean?

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          This is really an unfair comment in the context in which it's presented. I don't really think anyone here thinks that because TWIII fell apart, that makes Thievery a bad game, or the community awful. I think most people (and posts in this thread seem to support this idea) feel that the reasons TWIII fell apart are simply a highlighting of what they see as being wrong in the game and community overall.
          From my point of view, it's more a golden opportunity for people who nurse various reasons for leaving the game to take a good kick at the current players of the game. Two teams colluding in a tournament does not equal what most people seem to think.

As Gladius said, it's not just my guildmates I respect and enjoy playing against. And if you did join a server in the last week, I still submit that spending a few hours (if you even did that) doesn't really compare to playing this game as frequently as the people who are arguing in the favour of the community at large.

A snapshot of the top 10 players (in terms of time played) of Thievery as at 6 May according to csports.net:
          1 .:m.rodent:.
          2 Industrialism-=:ToB:=-
          3 Venus
          4 FatRatHead_CrkZ
          5 .:m.shug:.
          6 Industrialism-=:ToB:
          7 Bandit[PL]
          8 Cuba
          9 Thief13x
          10 .:m.gladius:.

That pretty clearly says we know the game as well as anyone.
          Nightmaster,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Originally posted by LaughingRat
            An interesting thought occurred reading your post. Could it be that your experiences, as well as Shug's, Glad's, and others who've stated they see no problem in current gameplay stem from the fact that you have a number of active players from your team? Perhaps what happens is you're on often enough with teammates, who you know, like, respect, and enjoy playing with, that your esperience playing differes significantly from other players'?
            I can definitely agree with that in part, but also with Glad's post above - there are many other players I enjoy playing with/against. Sure, constant DM fests may annoy me sometimes, but usually on nights when my (already limited) skill is a bit dull due to tiredness (etc). Then again, gettin my butt kicked by good thief teams winning by obs all the time can also annoy me, but I get over it pretty quickly. After all, tis but a game...
            Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
            Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
            Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

• Yes, shug, I must admit that I've been clocking in more than 30 hours a week at work (close to the maximum) and 35 of school, mostly because I'm saving money for college, which leaves little time for anything else. My days off I'm hitting the servers and... nobody around, or poeple who laugh at me. Really annoying, and a fairly big turn-off.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• Aww my 'Ranking' dropped, I blame Guild Wars.
                Its funny how indus comes in twice with his bugged name thats too long.
                .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shug
                  From my point of view, it's more a golden opportunity for people who nurse various reasons for leaving the game to take a good kick at the current players of the game. Two teams colluding in a tournament does not equal what most people seem to think.
                  You know as well as I do that that's not the limit of it.

Originally posted by Shug
                  And if you did join a server in the last week, I still submit that spending a few hours (if you even did that) doesn't really compare to playing this game as frequently as the people who are arguing in the favour of the community at large.
                  Several hours over several nights, and more than just the last couple weeks. Last couple months, actually. I'd say it's been more than a fair snapshot.

Comment

• I'm lost in all this ranting... Can someone clarify this for me: What was the actual offense?

a) Two guilds plotting together to wipe out a third one?
                    b) Members of one guild playing as members of another guild?
                    c) Something else?

Of course (a) should be totally acceptable as far as I can see, but I seriously dunno what's going on.
                    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepQantas
                      I'm lost in all this ranting... Can someone clarify this for me: What was the actual offense?

a) Two guilds plotting together to wipe out a third one?
                      b) Members of one guild playing as members of another guild?
                      c) Something else?

Of course (a) should be totally acceptable as far as I can see, but I seriously dunno what's going on.
                      The correct answer is B. The catalyst for all this was TheMachine aliasing as one of the Forsaken, when he was on the Mutant team. Both those teams were plotting together, and that's okay -- although the way it was done was in quite poor form. Eventually the goal of their conspiracy changed from simply defeating the Mockers to breaking the tournament itself, though.

Originally posted by PhaeThorn in the Forsaken and Mutants private plotting thread
                      Withdraw on the day the new challenges are being made. There won't be time to get all the maps to the other teams and basicly it messes the whole time schedule up because the remaining teams cannot attack eachother, for they are not connected. GG tournament.
                      With that kind of attitude among half the teams in the tournament, there's really not much point in playing.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Yes, you do.

No, not really.

I forgot, another reason I object to being lumped in with the likes of Grank is that he thinks he's funny, but really he isn't.

I'm flattered that you even have a list.

Comment

You know as well as I do that that's not the limit of it.
                          Of course; but the fact that it's there doesn't mean it's valid. People are free to say what they want, but obviously the nay-sayers and negative voices knew that this was a great opportunity to have a whinge.

I'm really not seeing the point now - if you don't want to play, don't play - the rest of us will have a lot of fun without the moaning and carrying on anyway. If you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen, as they say. Thievery has taken a slight hit in popularity due to GuildWars (unsurprisingly) - yet I'm still getting games in. Old players like Sneaky and Spider are active again, and I've seen a few new names and faces and that's always exciting for this mod. Thievery won't be dying any time soon, and I won't be apologizing for the evolution of the game or the players. If you want to see what the game is like, by all means come along (and wear your real name).
                          Nightmaster,
                          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• I read something the other day whitch fits here...

If you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.

Get it? Good.
                            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -YT

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBill
                              Eventually the goal of their conspiracy changed from simply defeating the Mockers to breaking the tournament itself, though.
                              Now I dropped...Broke the tournament? I saw it forming pretty well and those two were just fighting each other in order to win the tournament because they were the two main owners of the turf...

Of course there's the cheating...And I really don't know any other cheating or a form of cheating than the laming in Aquatone (With guards raiding the vents, killing you, then someone like Industrialism stays alive, kills 8 guards then completes the objectives and gets through the map...Time taken: 22 minutes, Spectators at end: 13 AND THEY EVERYONE WERE KILLED IN THE BEGINNING )
                              The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantaloz
                                Now I dropped...Broke the tournament? I saw it forming pretty well and those two were just fighting each other in order to win the tournament because they were the two main owners of the turf...

Of course there's the cheating...And I really don't know any other cheating or a form of cheating than the laming in Aquatone (With guards raiding the vents, killing you, then someone like Industrialism stays alive, kills 8 guards then completes the objectives and gets through the map...Time taken: 22 minutes, Spectators at end: 13 AND THEY EVERYONE WERE KILLED IN THE BEGINNING )
                                What the f...

I suggest you read the related threads. Very carefully and slowly.

Comment

Working...
                                X