Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, but any blog could dump some rules in here saying they should be standard codes, we should discuss this in great detail and vote about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
      I know, but any blog could dump some rules in here saying they should be standard codes, we should discuss this in great detail and vote about it.
      Anybody could come in and propose a change, sure, but I really doubt there will be much dispute. This is fairly standard stuff, and it's not like it's set in stone or anything. And in the end if there is an issue, all the guilds could vote or something.

I'm totally for the discussing part, I just don't think anyone has a real problem with the rules as they stand now. Again, any suggestions or comments are more than welcome, but take the ghosting discussion to another thread. ^_^
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I'm just saying that everybody needs to agree with this, since its addressing all guilds isn't it?

And as for the ghosting discussion:

Comment

I was planning on just waiting a couple days to see if there is any more discussion or debate about any of it, and then just asking all the guildmasters to sign onto it.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
            I was planning on just waiting a couple days to see if there is any more discussion or debate about any of it, and then just asking all the guildmasters to sign onto it.
            What about Friendly Fire? I wouldn't think anyone would be afraid of ragers in such a game.

The option of 'talking from the grave', would that be on or off? And what should eliminated players do while waiting for the game to end? Rats can distract players too, and would they be able to call serious fouls?

What about cases of lag or player 'disconnects'? It happens a lot on public servers, and sometimes only a few lives are lost to it, sometimes most.

Lastly, as more of an add-on, perhaps even deserves its own topic, what about scoring for such events? Sure we know who won or lost the map, but what about a team scoring system? Example you get 100 points for finishing the map, 2 points for kills/KO, 1-10 points for % of the maps loot collected, 2 points for each spawn/AI remaining, and 5 points for each non-loot objective completed (ie each vial of antidote from Asylum is worth 1 point.) Or something along those lines.

Kiech
            Kiech

Comment

I think we should make it standard that a demo should be recorded in any guild matches. That way:

-Any arguments about the validity of certain tactics can be reviewed

-The winners have themselves a nice souvenir

-The losers can see where they went wrong

-Everyone else can see what happened in the match (written accounts aren't quite as exciting)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
                I think we should make it standard that a demo should be recorded in any guild matches. That way:

-Any arguments about the validity of certain tactics can be reviewed

-The winners have themselves a nice souvenir

-The losers can see where they went wrong

-Everyone else can see what happened in the match (written accounts aren't quite as exciting)
                Not everyone can record a demo online. In fact, most people can't, I think. And when you ARE recording, you can't switch from one player to another. Your suggestion would require one spectator for every player in the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                  What about Friendly Fire? I wouldn't think anyone would be afraid of ragers in such a game.
                  Friendly fire off by default, because that's how it is on all public servers right now. 1.3 might change things.

The option of 'talking from the grave', would that be on or off? And what should eliminated players do while waiting for the game to end? Rats can distract players too, and would they be able to call serious fouls?
                  Dead to live chat doesn't really matter as the spectating players can't talk to the players anways, except to call a serious foul. Spectators may not be rats, since rats can interact with the game world.

What about cases of lag or player 'disconnects'? It happens a lot on public servers, and sometimes only a few lives are lost to it, sometimes most.
                  Lag is something players just have to deal with, it's not going to go away. Unless both teams agree otherwise, a disconnect means that round has to be restarted.

Comment

Lag is something players just have to deal with, it's not going to go away. Unless both teams agree otherwise, a disconnect means that round has to be restarted.
                    I think that a disconnect means that team has to deal with the loss of that life. It's far too open to abuse otherwise. A team that's losing badly could have a player "accidentally" disconnect, forcing a replay of that round.

Serious players in a serious match should make sure their connection is sound before playing for their team. CTG just had a player scheduled to play against TCO bow out because he feels he can't rely on his connection.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      I think that a disconnect means that team has to deal with the loss of that life. It's far too open to abuse otherwise. A team that's losing badly could have a player "accidentally" disconnect, forcing a replay of that round.

Serious players in a serious match should make sure their connection is sound before playing for their team. CTG just had a player scheduled to play against TCO bow out because he feels he can't rely on his connection.
                      On public servers, I agree that this is how it should be. I think abuse would be rare, and if one guild did abuse it, it would become fairly obvious and people wouldn't match them anymore. Any guild that behaved like that isn't one I'd like to match against, much less be part of, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Still, you have a good point. I intentionally didn't bring this up in the first post because I think it's something best handled differently in each situation. With that in mind, let me propose the following: If a player disconnects, the round continues normally unless both guilds agree to restart the round.

In most cases, I think it will be restarted, because for the most part these are reasonable people playing to have fun.

Comment

Dead to live chat doesn't really matter as the spectating players can't talk to the players anways, except to call a serious foul. Spectators may not be rats, since rats can interact with the game world.
                        Isn't dead to live that point after you are killed, but before you respawn? Players could use that time to tell others about their death, while they are safe to talk.

Kiech
                        Kiech

Comment

Isn't dead to live that point after you are killed, but before you respawn? Players could use that time to tell others about their death, while they are safe to talk.
                          No, it's spectators talking to actual players.

Comment

For 1.3, the AI setting for these rules is being lowered to genius. While better than the genius setting in 1.2, they've become standard for servers in 1.3.

AI awaken time is still under discussion.

Comment

Don't you mean clever, DB?

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                                Don't you mean clever, DB?
                                Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X