Turfwars Rule Question re Skirmishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turfwars Rule Question re Skirmishing

I was just looking over the rules again, and a question regarding Skirmishing came to mind.

Lets say GuildA decides they want to try to claim (Takeover) Payback from the unclaimed. GuildB challenges the Takeover, and supplies Flats as the Tiebreaker.

GuildB loses both matches. Does GuildA then get TWO maps? Payback and Flats?

(map names were used as an example)
    CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Yes. So you need to be very sure that you can win. And bring a VERY defendable tiebreaker map. If you want a map from the 'unclaimed' pile, you really should have someone waiting for the second it is approved to announce a takeover.
    Kiech

Comment

IMO that is too much. 2 Maps from having a chance to get a FREE map seems too much compensation..
      CTG

Rhymin & Stealin

Comment

It's a little harsh. But not a bad rule.

For a change, maybe something like this: The guild who annonced the takeover must win all three games to take the skirmish announcers map.

Kiech
        Kiech

Comment

Looking it over, the rules are vague on Adrock's question. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

*adds that to the list of upcoming revisions*

Comment

Hm. See my thoughts in Th-Payback thread for camping to be the first claimant.

Anyway, how would you find the idea that if the challenging guild loses, the map doesn't go to the claimant, but to the unclaimed pool? The pool does seem a bit empty at times.
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Working...
            X