Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussing Adding TH-Payback to TurfWars

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussing Adding TH-Payback to TurfWars

    Originally posted by DhaThief
    I don't know what is gonna happen to TuF... but we KYO is making a Takeovers on the fan made map : TH-ToB_Payback.unr
    Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
    It has to be approved first before you can try to claim it.

    But now that its a really good and playable map, I think it shouldn't have much of a problem getting approved.
    I think the only problem that they maya have approving that map is the sheer amount of loot.

    Anybody that controls Payback is most likely in a significant lead.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Biohazard
    I think the only problem that they maya have approving that map is the sheer amount of loot.

    Anybody that controls Payback is most likely in a significant lead.
    Good point; Therefore, Payback should go to EDG because they haven't got anything at the moment, or they should at least get the first attempt to take it over

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The TurfWar rules
      New Maps
       Any unofficial maps (those not produced byt the Thievery Development Team) may be added to the Unclaimed Pool on a vote by the guildmasters of the guilds in the Turf War. One vote per guild is allowed, regardless of how many guildmasters a guild has. A simple majority is sufficient (that is, more than 50% - ties do not allow a map to be added to the Unclaimed Pool).
      So, if a vote is never called, this map is never going to be in TurfWars in the first place.

      Kiech
      Kiech

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
        Originally posted by The TurfWar rules
        New Maps
         Any unofficial maps (those not produced byt the Thievery Development Team) may be added to the Unclaimed Pool on a vote by the guildmasters of the guilds in the Turf War. One vote per guild is allowed, regardless of how many guildmasters a guild has. A simple majority is sufficient (that is, more than 50% - ties do not allow a map to be added to the Unclaimed Pool).
        So, if a vote is never called, this map is never going to be in TurfWars in the first place.

        Kiech
        Exactly.

        Comment


        • #5
          LOL, sounds like a philibuster has started already against this map...

           If the loot requirement of a new custom map is ridiculously high, guildmasters will decide how much worth it will be with a vote. This does not, however, artificially or otherwise change the loot requirement of the map in-game.
          Kiech

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The_Dan
            Originally posted by Biohazard
            I think the only problem that they maya have approving that map is the sheer amount of loot.

            Anybody that controls Payback is most likely in a significant lead.
            Good point; Therefore, Payback should go to EDG because they haven't got anything at the moment, or they should at least get the first attempt to take it over
            I think TuF is staying in TW, too, now, and they don't have anything either.

            If TH-Payback is aproved by the guilds, it should go into the unclaimed turf pool, per the rules. It's then open for anyone to make a takeover attempt. Making the first attempt isn't always the best idea, because you then have to hold it versus ALL challenges to your takeover attempt.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would suggest 1000 for this map. It is on-par with Nostalgia IMHO, but to balance it out with other maps, 1000 is as high as I would give it.

              Kiech
              Kiech

              Comment


              • #8
                Per a brief conversation with DP the other day, TH-Payback may not be a final release yet. He mentioned he's considering lowering the actual loot requirement for the map to 1000.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good point; Therefore, Payback should go to EDG because they haven't got anything at the moment, or they should at least get the first attempt to take it over

                  Oooh yes yes yes!!!!! The best idea ive ever seen in Thievery :grin: I thought one the turf war rules said the late joiners got newly added maps in order- e.g. the first late comer got the first unclaimed pool map, 2nd got the second map added and so on-tho admittedly i cant really remember-and yes it kind of still makes EDG get payback :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
                  [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

                  All New Thievery-O's!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't remember starting this topic.....

                    Oh well, postcount ++ :grin:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Biohazard
                      postcount ++
                      Syntax error


                      Anyway, I don't think DP is done with it yet.
                      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Its not the final release, apparently. But then, other maps that are being upgraded are already in TurfWars. With guilds lacking any turf, I think the discussion should continue on this one.

                        Kiech
                        Kiech

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by [E.D.G
                          Chief]Good point; Therefore, Payback should go to EDG because they haven't got anything at the moment, or they should at least get the first attempt to take it over

                          Oooh yes yes yes!!!!! The best idea ive ever seen in Thievery :grin: I thought one the turf war rules said the late joiners got newly added maps in order- e.g. the first late comer got the first unclaimed pool map, 2nd got the second map added and so on-tho admittedly i cant really remember-and yes it kind of still makes EDG get payback :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
                          I'll have to check and see whether EDG joined before TuF, then, but you're right, latecomers get to choose from the unclaimed turf pool. Then again, it wasn't in the pool when you joined.... *sigh* Another ambiguity.

                          *adds to revision list*

                          Originally posted by Biohazard
                          I don't remember starting this topic.....

                          Oh well, postcount ++ :grin:
                          No, all this was posted in the challenges thread, which I'm trying to keep to just challenges. But it wasn't just random posting, it was on a good point, so I split it off. So there!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok, so, if everyone agrees that 1000 is a good number for Payback's loot count, and there are no other issues, who should call a vote? By strict reading of the rules, I could put up a poll now.

                            Kiech
                            Kiech

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                              Ok, so, if everyone agrees that 1000 is a good number for Payback's loot count, and there are no other issues, who should call a vote? By strict reading of the rules, I could put up a poll now.

                              Kiech
                              Don't bother with a poll. Everyone can vote in that, and there's no easy way to tell who did. With it being one vote per guild, it should probably be done by email among the guild leaders.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X