X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agony of Da Feet

Hello again,

I really liked the TuF idea. It is interesting to have a "secret" guild. Now that it is going to be an open guild, I would like to make Agony of Da Feet. We are a phoenix from TuF's ashes. I was not in the TuF and I do not know them too well but I think the idea is good.

Rules of ADF:
    You will email me if you want to join.
    You will email mto talk about guild issues.
    We will play together like any other guild.
    We are not planning to participate in TurfWars.
    We will play matches with other guilds.
    To join I must know who you are.
    I will not discuss identities of players with anyone.
    Our main purpose is to have fun.

I don't like what's been happening in this community but I think we can make it through.

To join please email: [email protected]

-Anton Dafeet

Uhh, this is kinda like jumping into a carwreck and inviting people to play bumper cars...

Comment

Key things to remember:

You will probably not be able to particpate in public tournaments.
      If you truly want to keep your memberlist silent, you need to have a server admin that will respect your guilds privacy. As long as it is not a public tournament, and your players follow the rules of the match, this may not be a problem.
      Note that banned players still will probably not be allowed, and you should not allow them to take part in your matches.
      In case a issue comes up, such as what happened with TuF, you need to make sure that you have an open line of communication open with the other guildmasters. If this name you have chosen is merely an alias of the 'real' name you use here, you need to ensure that your identity is safe in that forum.

Kiech
      Kiech

Comment

If you really want to do this you might want to publish your guild rules publicly. I suggest one of the rules be that you may only be in one guild at a time.

Other wise you are still opening yourself up for trouble. And with out the rule of only being allowed in one guild server admins might try to find out who your members are for the safety of thier guilds.

Comment

*takes off Gestapo armband*

I'm stayin' out ah this one.

Comment

Now I think the rest of you are jumping the gun. What happened to 'let the guilds exist'? As long as they follow my simple points, there won't be any problems. The only guilds that they will be matching against will be ones that wish to, despite the fact that a member list is hidden. I don't see a problem here.

A description of the guild in the 'current guilds' thread, however, is approprate.
            Kiech

Comment

My problem is not with knowing who the people are. The problem I have is having a guild that allowes and encourages their people to join other guilds.

The only way a person should be allowed to join 2 guilds is if both guilds know about it and okay it.

Comment

*grin*

and no we didn't incite this, but we are intreasted.
                There are those to whom knowledge is a shield,and those to whom it is a weapon.
                Neither view is balanced, but one is less unwise.
                -
                Keeper Annals

Comment

Then you are invalidating the entire guild. Look, I know the RLF has a 'no dual-membership' policy, and thats all well and good. The US also has a 'don't bring drugs into our border' policy, but that is broken all of the time, and to many is contriversal. Rules are going to be broken, period. If this guild offends you in some way, then don't match against them. If you have a problem with any of the members of RLF, the community can't be expeted to jump up and down every time there 'might' be a problem.

And who knows, maybe Kewl will finally have a guild that he wants to join.

Kiech
                  Kiech

Comment

"Agony of Da Feet?"

"My feet. Zee ache!"
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by [RLF
                      Kore (V)acLoed]My problem is not with knowing who the people are. The problem I have is having a guild that allowes and encourages their people to join other guilds.

The only way a person should be allowed to join 2 guilds is if both guilds know about it and okay it.
                      Bingo!

Comment

Uh-hu. So then what is your solution? Ask all of the server admins to please spy on everyone and check up on their ips so we know who the bad guy is? Whatever. As long as they are not playing in public tournaments, you can choose to ignore the guild altogether if you don't like their policies.

Kiech
                        Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          *takes off Gestapo armband*

I'm stayin' out ah this one.
                          Agreed. But Fate help ADF if they try to recruit in the Wraiths or RLF.

I think it's a bloody stupid idea, though, especially right now.
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

this gets moved to the OMG guilds forum

(Hi, LR)
                            I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                              this gets moved to the OMG guilds forum

(Hi, LR)
                              *waves*

Hi Thwark!

Comment

Working...
                              X