Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidey
    replied
    I'm off Monday and Tuesday. One of those days I'll be playing Neverwinter Nights, but probably won't play very late. Maybe I can stay up killer late one of those nights and play with the UK? I just need to figure out the time difference and when you guys would be on.

Leave a comment:

• Spidey
    replied
    I'll look at my schedule for my next days off tomorrow and try to figure out a good day. I'm on GMT -8 hours. What about the rest of the interested AvP2 players?

I'm kinda torn between the Predalien and the Runner breed. The Predalien has to sort of stoop to claw their enemies, but they do seem to leap MUCH further than the runners. They just move slower when they're not jumping.

I've played the survival mode, which is kinda fun. Stay alive as a marine and run to the chicken coop with the others and try to be the last one to die or get turned into an alien.

I've played life-cycle stuff too. It's fun taking people down as a face-hugger, but it's a real bummer having to go back to face hugger after having like 10 seconds as a mature alien. I do much better as a face-hugger though

Leave a comment:

• ~CaTBuRgLaR~
    replied
    As an alien, especially predalien, believe it or not I love playing against snipers, GOOD snipers, not noobs, because if they're good then it's an actual challenge! I love playing as a pred also, my first avp2 clan was a predator clan, those guys made me into my badass avp2 player that I am

Leave a comment:

• Aggamemnon
    replied
    I did play some AVP with fix and brother on Friday, but was not around late.

It's ready to go anytime you see me active (excusing having to finish whatever game im in).

You're mistaken about me loving marines, my favourite is by far the predator. I tend to cloak, switch to melee (typically a spear) and hunt aliens solely using the corresponding vision. Was just that lately I was getting a kick from playing the bug hunting "monkies" heh.
    I had a blast with my brother playing paired aliens too (some human players seems to be botting unfortunately.) catching the sniping bastards off guard with two way tactics.

If we can get some more regular players, I'd be willing to host a Projam Mod server on a semi permanent basis.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Yeah sorry guys, we are normally around 6->midnight GMT on weekdays, later (2am) on weekends. It could be that the timezones that separate us are too extreme or are just too inconvenient. I know I tend to play in the evenings only, if you guys are the same we may never see each other!

:'(

Leave a comment:

• ~CaTBuRgLaR~
    replied
    I'm been caught up playing diablo 2 with my brother so i didn't play much avp2 obviously, so what's up???

Leave a comment:

• Spidey
    replied
    Well, it's 10 pm here and it looks like Mach!ne and Agg are in the Teamspeak Sleeping Hall. Together

I'm guessing I missed whatever gameage was on tonight, so I guess I'll have to pounce and leap without you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Spidey
    replied
    Arrr! I'm closing tomorrow night. I won't be home til 9:30 pm PST. I'll find out after work if you guys are still on AVP. I'll check the TuF forums then. Guess that means I'll have to sign up.

I still need a password for that Hamtaro thingamajiggy.

http://www.hamtaro.com/

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Friday night we're having a AVP, Sniper Elite etc... evening Thats the next time me and Fix are on at least. Check our forums for details.

Leave a comment:

• Spidey
    replied
    so predaliens jump further than runner aliens?

Leave a comment:

• ~CaTBuRgLaR~
    replied
    S1K AVP2 is like 10 dollars right now lol anywho, Spidy, I'm up for a game whenever...

My record frag score in 30 minutes with about 15 players is 131... with a predalien, yeah the slow ones, I like 'em because they jump much further and have a stronger pounce I aim where the person is going to be and rarely miss.

Leave a comment:

• Thebos
    replied
    Hello S1K!

Not sure what happened Spider, but the account seems active again. I know it was off, and that going there resulted in generic webpage, but just checked- even has some new posts from members and bots alike.

Leave a comment:

• Spidey
    replied
    Well color me confused. I cancelled it about a month ago and have seen it changed to a lame generic site that claims to satisfy my need for all things endarkend that my consumer heart may desire, and at the lowest prices. It appears somebody has brought it back...

Regarding AvP2, I haven't had a response for Wednesday, so I probably will be playing Neverwinter Nights instead with some friends.
    Last edited by Spidey; 5 Dec 2006, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sneaky1Kenobi
    replied
    Hi my peeps! Love to all my mates

Oh and Spidy, the ToB forums are actually still up for some reason!

Too bad I don't have AvP2.

Leave a comment:

• Spidey
    replied
    Ok..well I've got all of Wednesday free and I'm off work at 4 pm on Saturday (Pacific Standard Time). I've got Hamachi installed, I need a password, and we still haven't set a day yet to do this.

Agg, I'm just the opposite. I hate the Marines and their motion trackers. I'll waste 3 lives going after a Marine with a rocket launcher who simply aims it at the ground whenever there's trouble. It gives me great satisfaction to rip those trigger-monkeys to bits.

That being said, they absolutely own the level with the forge press thing. It's all narrow tunnels so I see them bunch up in one tunnel where they only have to decide which way to shoot down the tunnel. When you've got a motion tracker and three buddies in a tunnel, its easy to take down anyone coming down a narrow hall.

I think the predators are the coolest, but I just take too long messing with their vision, recharge,cloak, healing and trying to figure out which weapon will actually work when I pull the trigger.

Aliens are pretty simple. Jump and rippity-rip, and if you have time to heal, chomp a head off of the recent kill. My favorite is the runner, cuz it's so fast. My record frags is 75 in one game with that breed, where I don't even get half that with any other class (Marine, Predator or Alien).

What I haven't figured out is why every other player who plays the Alien runner is able to pounce about twice as far as me. They leap really high in the air AND go forward a great deal. I'm missing some sort of combo there.

Hrm...I just realized this isn't a TOB thread anymore. Perhaps we should start an AVP2 thread and continue there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X