This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wraiths hereby challenge EDG!

The Wraiths would like to challenge EDG to an official guild match. Since the Wraiths are a totally ghosting guild, and EDG claims the same, both sides would have to ghost when thieving. This isn't part of TurfWars, or a skirmish, or a practice, or like wussy challenge -- this is a real match. Since every other guild 'match' to date has really been a skirmish, this is the first of it's kind. As such, it will, in a way, decide the top Thievery guild, although the value of that title is debatable.

Chief has tentatively agreed to the challenge, although a formal acknowledgment would be appreciated. Date, maps, and rules have yet to be agreed on, but I think this would be an excellent time to try out the proposed standard match rules.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

OMG challenges go into the guilds forum.
    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Actually, I thought it was something the general community might be interested in. Hence it's posting in the general forum, like you suggested for such things.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DB I already told ya im not touching those horrible guild rules u made up :roll: mainly cos i didnt bother reading it

-No players commonly banned from public servers (Frantic, Unstoppable, Hardee, etc) will be allowed to play. Any disputes regarding this will be worked out after rosters are submitted but before the match.
        Well we tried to kick u off our server so DB-sorry but ya cant play :lol:

Anyway what times/time zones are you available etc One thing I have thought up though- If a guild plays a certain way-that means the other guilds spectator gets to see the way they play so afterwards the guilds can find out how to counteract :roll: I also take it that anything goes other than what you have as bad in your rules MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway we accept your challange - AND STOP SPYING ON US :x
        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Take a look at the standard guild rules, then -- I think they're fairly decent, but feel free to propose changes. And I was referring to people commonly banned -- not you taffers kicking me out of your server because it wasn't passworded and I dropped by to warn you of a challenge. ^_^

Spectators do have the chance to learn strategies from their opponents. LR picked up a few bits of knowledge by speccing the RLF/Wraiths vs FAG TurfWars match which he may very well use against us when we match CTG. On the other hand, I think that spectators are neccesary, so it's a neccesary evil. Besides, playing against a guild also lets you know something about their tactics.

I haven't talked to anyone about this, but in the past Sundays at 4PM EST have proven to be good times for the Wraiths. That also coincides neatly with available times on the private CTG server.

One thing I didn't mention, this match will have to be 3v3, as there are only three Wraiths at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
            One thing I didn't mention, this match will have to be 3v3, as there are only three Wraiths at the moment.
            LMAO LMAO LMAO ROTF LMAO!!!!

*serious* bu- LMAO LMAO LMAO

*points and laughs* 3?!
            LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!

*serious*thr-- LMAO LMAO LMAO

sorry, LMAO

(HEy this is what we can call it "Its the battle of the Ghosting Guilds, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!")
            Creator of Thief Gir.
            [E.D.G.] "Eaves Droppers Guild - We're on the EDGE"
            --==[The shadow's call is hard to ignore]==--

Comment

only 3 ok 3v3 suits us and CTG server doesnt (sorry LR but after the lag in the RLF vs EDG match that I got id prefer not to risk it )
              And i had read the rules

i agree spectators can be ok-but there are some things guilds liked kept secret if you lose that you lose the stealth and cunning ugh I really hate time zone conversions lets see so that would be 4+5=9pm GMT before school the next day-hmmmmmmmmmm maybe I see a flaw there :roll: ill find out what times are best for the guild and then say :grin:

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Looking at the servers, CTG seems to be the only real option. Neither the EDG nor the RLF server can be used, for the obvious reasons and others (the RLF server hates me). Mog's to my knowledge isn't available for guild matches, nor is Steele's, and the TCO server is too damn laggy and annoying even if we could use it. What's left?

I've used the private CTG server for a couple matches now, and it's usually fairly good. The lag during the RLF EDG match was fairly bad, but it's uncommon from what I've seen.

Comment

i get bouncy pings one minute fine then wheeeee sky rocketing and i find it common for CTG server to hate me (I blame Agg for it ) anyway u said it would be several weeks before the game "So you're scared of us-I dont blame you-Chicken." u find TCO server laggy

btw we would get a chance to guard right the way u said it in server it would us be non stop stealing and you non-stop guarding 8)

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

I said nothing of the sort, as you well know. ^_^ A brief scan of the proposed rules would tell you that both guilds guard three times and thieve three times. I also said "in the next couple weeks", if memory serves, as scheduling this with TurfWars going on could be interesting.

I find the TCO server terrible, no offense to those who run it. CTG seems to be the best option for the most people, which is why I suggested it.

Comment

u implied it oh well guess ill have to stop dm-ing Instagibs are allowed right :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously THREE MEMBERS ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ok im do.........3?!?!? LOL!!!!!!! ROFL LOL ROFL :wink:
                      So if you win ur the greatest bad thievery guild (u say)
                      If we win we take over the 3 members and they disconnect all ties with RLF (and we also become best guild-Sounds good to me )

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Wraiths prefer quality over quantity. ^_^

And the stakes for this are the number one guild spot, no more, no less.

Comment

That's rather like playing two baseball teams against each other, one game, and declaring the winner the World Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                            That's rather like playing two baseball teams against each other, one game, and declaring the winner the World Champion.
                            To continue your analogy, that is true, but only when no other teams have played anything but pick up games, and there has never been a real game before. In that case, the winner of the first game is the number one team -- although the title doesn't have much meaning.

Comment

just what I was about to say LR -tho ur just jealous cos of our 1337 skillz compared with those (Rothschilds Voice) Filthy Commoners Thievery Guild :wink: But you make it sound like a walk in the park ur so casual- "Oh yes it isnt important it only will say who is the best thievery guild ever" :lol:

hmm you prefer quality over quantity- ok you may pick your guilds best player to make the war 3<edg vs 1<wraith seems fair :grin:

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                              X