X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -KewlAzMe-
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by keg View Post
    0_o i thought your mut was a thief pot that turned you into a dr can?

hmm second thoughts loot rats might be a bad idea.. keg rats instead ^..^
    borrrrinngg.... How about rat mines! rats that can run around and explode when shot or stepped on! that would be fun and force guards/thieves to avoid their usual rat hunting! Or shoot a rat next to a thief to light him up!
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• FatRatHead
      • Sep 2004

Like they're not a big enough nuisance, what about implementing KAM, he's about equally annoying as the rats.

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
        Like they're not a big enough nuisance, what about implementing KAM, he's about equally annoying as the rats.
        That. would. rock!

Comment

• Keggie
          • Aug 2005

antistack has a minor flaw im working on, (flaw was mappers been creative ><!) made a updated version but didnt work quite the way i wanted it to.. looking into a better way

ThKegloot has a minor flaw aswell (same reason) but thats only a fun file so i wont bother updateing that

reason for both is mappers use objects as loot, and loot as objects, so changing some settings changes others =/ so objects that have been changed to loot are now not frobable etc
          [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
          Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
          AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
          Videos - YouTube

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
            • Sep 2005

ThKegloot has a minor flaw aswell (same reason) but thats only a fun file so i wont bother updateing that
            I think we understand.

Comment

• Keggie
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
              I think we understand.
              i have many flaws, get used to them
              antistack has a minor flaw im working on, (flaw was mappers been creative ><!) made a updated version but didnt work quite the way i wanted it to.. looking into a better way
              iv managed to solve this problem updated file will be avalible soon, in the new one thieves can still frob all objects so have to be carefull to keep quiet and not smash a glass etc, they can also frob all loot including loot which was originaly an object the mapper turned into loot. the one flaw with this updated version is that guards cannot frob the wine on gerome.. theres no real way of working around that apart from remaking the map and using loot with a mesh of a bottle.. which im not gona do just for the anti stack mutator
              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Kiech Bepho
                • Jan 2003

Can't you just exlcude loot from the mutation?
                Kiech

Comment

• Keggie
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho View Post
                  Can't you just exlcude loot from the mutation?
                  it is in the first version. it only effects household items. the problem is that mappers have used household items for maps AS loot. theres a setting to change an object into loot and for loot to be changed into an object. so when my mutator changes the setting so players carnt pick up and objects, the objects which are now loot cannot be frobed as they are objects but with a different setting.

might be a way where anything which isnt loot you can make non-frobable but that would include keys/food etc
                  Videos - YouTube

Comment

• Convict
                    • Jan 2004

Any chance some of Brody's servers might use these?

Keg would it be possible to think up some mutator that allows a little kill/koing but not granking for Brody's objective based servers?
                    Night of the Werewolves II
                    HarryPotterwars
                    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

• FatRatHead
                      • Sep 2004

Few of these have been on Brody's servers since their release.

Comment

• Convict
                        • Jan 2004

Ah ok I haven't been playing much in the last week or so...
                        HarryPotterwars

Comment

• Convict
                          • Jan 2004

Objective server mutator

The only way to kill is to do a backshot to unalert AI. This means that thieves will probably only take down an average of 3 AI per game.

e.g. Grange thieves could take down the sewer AI, pool AI, walkway AI, maybe the big path AI. Gerome thieves could take down the balcony AI, north and south barracks patrolling AI. Etc.
                          HarryPotterwars

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Convict View Post
                            The only way to kill is to do a backshot to unalert AI. This means that thieves will probably only take down an average of 3 AI per game.

e.g. Grange thieves could take down the sewer AI, pool AI, walkway AI, maybe the big path AI. Gerome thieves could take down the balcony AI, north and south barracks patrolling AI. Etc.
                            There is already an objective mutator... wasn't in called the Vampire mutator (for some reason) made by impulse? Been around since tut 1.4 i think... and it prevented ALL kill and ALL ko by killing the attacker (ala th-spider)

Comment

• Keggie
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Convict View Post
                              Mutators that i will be making (trying to make) but will not beable to continue for a while due to uni work .

ThAntiDM
                              ThGhosterArrows
                              ThMuterMutator
                              ThCenserMut
                              ThSuperAi

iv been thinking of ways to limit dming, one was to reduce damage done on guards, but only slightly, make back shots not cause double damage but still allow back sniping ai. making uncharged bj hits not able to ko guards is another, think most people use full charge anyway but means theres more room for mistakes, i dont wish to make it so its the only way to kill ai is to back snipe, killing guards is nessicaly at times, ie when they block doors etc so the ability to do it on an objective server should still be there.

on another note i uploaded fixed version of antistack last night, now contains 2 versions, 1 where noone can move objects but can frob loot objects, and the second where guards cannot frob objects but thieves can. had a little help from immorties for the first

Originally posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
                              There is already an objective mutator... wasn't in called the Vampire mutator (for some reason) made by impulse? Been around since tut 1.4 i think... and it prevented ALL kill and ALL ko by killing the attacker (ala th-spider)
                              thats not an objective mutator then, thats another force ghoster the same as thghoster by immorties, if i remember vampire also contains a mut for the server admin to mute certain players on a server so they cannot shout
                              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                                • Sep 2005

thats not an objective mutator then, thats another force ghoster the same as thghoster

..... 6 in one hand.... half-dozen in the other.... same end result. Still think Vampire was a bad name as Vampire mutators usually give you the health that you took from a player, not give you the death that you gave to a player.. that would be a Revenge Mutator... Back-ass-wards aussies.

Comment

Working...
                                X