DE v2 up for testing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DE v2 up for testing.

Ok guys De v2 ain't gonna meet the 1.3 patch, so bugger it, I'ma leave it to the community to test.

http://www.planetunreal.com/tbuildt/...tenment_v2.rar

Send bug reports to me on. [email protected]al.com
    Chimp off the old Block

Game Designer

*graps it*
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

got it...it's on ToB site
      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

I will post my concerns here. Easier, and everyone can discuss.

I think the library should be openable by the guards. Map authors shouldn't tell a team how to guard or thieve a map, IMO. The team should be the ones to decide. And people can still camp the doors anyway.

I would take the locks off of the doors in the houses. It becomes impossible to get in them when they are guarded and trapped. Especially with the amount of free traps you get in this mission.
        (AKA Dresden)
        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Sweet, GulloneFox. Any chance for it to be released with the patch, or will you release it seperately?
          JM

Comment

No offence but... Maybe just do a liiitttttlllleee more bug testing next time?
            First of, if a guard should happend to follow a thief into the bookhouse, he's stuck in there if there is no rope. Maybe add a button that would open the doors for 3secs?

Second off, you placed a lot of nice blockers to block off roof access somewhere... To bad it doesnt work right all the places.
            You can still get up on the walkway roof by doing a doublejumpmantle at the corner. When you get up you will run into a bunch a stupid blockers blocking your way.

And, proceding long enough down the roof, we find... this:

That's what i call a wallhack!

This was gathered from a single game of 30minutes... With only me and kewl for 20minutes.
            "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Just played... here's a list of Big issues:

1) Locking Guards out of Book house... Thief used key to go in from the top hatches... I followed behind him... he went down for the book with vine.. i followed.. he got book and went back up the vine.. took the vine before I could get there and I was trapped for good. Also.. if you spawn into the Guard in there.. you would also be trapped.

2) Alarm trigger seems to be associated with the Fire Spamming guard in there. Even when I attack the AI with Friendly fire... if I hit him enough times and he chases me with a firebolt or mace.. the alarm goes off! Doesn't make much sense.

3) Lots of not-so-necessary blockers.. like on those little cone shaped towers that allow you to get on top of the roof from either side and run from the pool house to the book house....they are blocked, but you can just mantle the window over the Guards Barracks to get up there. I think thieves should be allowed on the rooves.. in fact I would suggest giving them some way of getting on to all the rooves.. even the masters house and main house. Thieves should have more freedom in a map.. not more invisible walls stopping them.

4) The 'Wood-like' texture of some outside walls.. aren't wood at all. These really should be Vine and arrow stickable based on their look. I think even grange has some of this too. And this is an issue in burgeous too.. Here are some Screen shots of what I mean by woodlike texture:

Arrows wont stick into it..although its clearly made of wood.

You can also see that most of the level is done in this texture.. and some other levels.. and they still are "wood-like".. .. but aren't "Wood"

This is more of a global texture fix than per map basis.

Comment

There are these bridgelike things over the river near the thief-spawn.

I'm not sure if thieves are meant to climb on those, but you can get on them easy from the guard side.

Anyways, when I try to climb off them to the windows, the space I'm mantling to is too small for me to get... unless I first crouch, uncrouch, and mantle before I'm in my full height.

After this, it gets funny, since my head goes a bit inside the 'roof' of that space, I get some Hall Of Mirrors effects.

If those 'bridges' aren't meant for players, few unnecessary blockalls should fix the problem.
                Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                  why do u think the thread is called " up for testing " ?

I mean, come on ... testing is for getting rid of these bugs :p
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

You tell him phae!

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn

Cause it was done and ready to be ripped apart by the community? Why do you think?
                      taffer...

(Dont make me say the S word!)

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn

Cause it was done and ready to be ripped apart by the community? Why do you think?
                        taffer...

(Dont make me say the S word!)
                        Thievery is still in Beta, thus we are Beta testers.

Wouldn't it be weird to have a team of testers test the game before the betatesters get to test it?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                          Thievery is still in Beta, thus we are Beta testers.

Wouldn't it be weird to have a team of testers test the game before the betatesters get to test it?
                          God, it's just this map seems less incomplete then the original DE.

And i wouldnt really say a lot of the Official TUT maps look like Beta maps, that hasnt been completed.

Comment

Cool Gullonefox...

I've been waiting for that one a while.

Comment

You say he needed to test the map first, before bringing it "out" well, sorry. WE ARE THE TESTERS :p

Anyways, gonna try the map tomorrow gullonefox
                              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Working...
                              X