map idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map idea

i know ive made a similar thread before. i had an idea of a map (th-bank) but then again, a "bank" in medievil times isnt to appropriate?

my idea was that the layout should be one big box in the middle (the bank/building or whatever it should be) like stronghold layout. thieves start around the middle building. only this one should be bigger than stronghold.

2nd of all, this building/bank or whatever shouldnt have different floors. imagine one of the two big warehouses on th-warehouse. so in other words, its like one BIG warehouse, no floors, and quite opened, maybe on some places you should be able to jump up some walls or pipes to have a look out over the map (like you can when you're inside one of the warehouses) so maybe half the warehouse could be like that and the other half should have high walls so you cant have an overview over the map the same way.

this will be a very hard map for thieves since it will be not to many shadows, and that you on some places can have a look out over the map as i just described above, so the gameplay will pretty much be STEALTH to 100%

then there should be different ways in to the building. doors, windows to wine up, vents, underwater entrances, roof entrances or whatever, maybe not TOO many cause it will be quite easy to get in, but remember, it might be hard getting out and you'll have a hard time inside. depending on how the map looks inside.. like not to many shadows, but there will have to be some afterall since guards can just flare up the shadows and running around guessing. also maybe not place to much loot and spread it out. maybe there could be one place inside where there is more loot, so some guards will patrol that area so it wont be all guards running around at random 24/7 which would make it hard.

now a really cool idea just hit me. with the entrances, maybe there could be that you can get in, but you cant get out ^^ so from the second you've entered the building there is no turning back! so for the escape, when you have gotten all loot there could be 2-3 different escape exits inside the building or whatever, like theatre/DE styles exits

there should also be some whistlers at the ceiling like on breakout. so what do you all think? im not sure about the BANK but what else could it be? well if someone might be intressted, tell me.. would be cool 8)
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

?

Comment

sounds like a good map to me but a little confusing. How about some drawings to show exactly what you mean (Blue Prints).

Comment

yeah, when u start to work on it?

Comment

Its not that bad of an idea. I think TH-Nostalgia is a bit like a bank sometimes... maybe someone could modify that. However...

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
          this will be a very hard map for thieves since it will be not to many shadows, and that you on some places can have a look out over the map as i just described above, so the gameplay will pretty much be STEALTH to 100%
          mmmm, I disagree. Going off your description, it'll end up being a map that favours a rush/DM approach. If there are no shadows, then the thieves will probably run 'n fight their way through the map.

Also bottle-necking loot is a very, very bad idea. It encourages more thief rush tactics, and more DMing. For the guards, it'll just get uber-camped-stacked-tropped to the point where you'll have to spend 4 thief lives just to get close.

I still think Korman does this with the Eye of Fire objectives, but I think it gets away with it because there are two of them, so the guards generally focus on one. If you're a quick thief though, in a good team, you can avoid a confrontation with the guards and grab the gems without any problems.

But anyway, who'll stand up and make the map? You? <points>
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

fixxxer, i described it abit clumbsy.. i did mention "well there has to be shadows....." bla bla bla... yea well, take away the part where i mentioned the shadows, there has to be shadows.. i was actually thinking the same amount of shadows as in one of the warehouses, or even abit more?

for the rest, hm.. a blueprint or something. the hard and most important part is how it should look inside the bank, i havent even thought about that tbh XD ive thought that the bank itself should be one big square tho. and outside at thief spawn, it could actually just look like whatever, not that important.

Comment

Google searching on "Bank Floorplans" brings up plenty of layouts. Then search on "Bank Interiors" shows you how to decorate appropriately.

That's if you want it to look like a modern bank though Searching on "Medieval Banks" brought up a few ideas, but nothing much. You'd have to source some images from a library or something.

Question still stands - who will make it?
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

ah cool, thanks fixxxer

ah but cool tho, overall it seems like ppl like the idea? would be so awesome if someone made it and if ppl really wants it

Comment

im still on the drawing board but currently im drawing a map a bit like yours...
                  ill post screens once i got some good stuff
                  >Thievery Stealth<

Comment

You could also call your national federal reserve bank and ask them for floorplans... tho I would recommend doing that from a pay phone just in case they get the wrong idea.
                    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

...or play Thief 2 a lil bit may help!

Comment

yeah the bank level in Thief 2 is one of my favourites...
                        But that ones got i think 3 floors?im not sure...
                        Last edited by Sly; 28 Nov 2007, 03:32 PM. Reason: Wrote wrong word
                        >Thievery Stealth<

Comment

Working...
                        X