Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The_Dan's "3 Scripting Problems" Thread continued.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The_Dan's "3 Scripting Problems" Thread continued.

    OK, as much I love the new forum, I was kindof half way through getting help on something.

    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=63393

    Any help that people can provide would be greatly appreciated, obviously carrying on in this thread as opposed to the old one.

  • #2
    Did you try using the SpawnNotify? Or doesn't it get called with a repair kit or what? Hmm actually, it looks like you want to use the ReplaceWith function.

    I doubt the player spawn thing will work for the reasons you say.

    The repairable stuff could come in handy! Although if I were to put it in 1.3, it'd probably screw your map up?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dalai
      Did you try using the SpawnNotify? Or doesn't it get called with a repair kit or what? Hmm actually, it looks like you want to use the ReplaceWith function.

      I doubt the player spawn thing will work for the reasons you say.

      The repairable stuff could come in handy! Although if I were to put it in 1.3, it'd probably screw your map up?
      I'm messed endlessly with the scripts & all I've got is a mutator that takes away Repair Kits from players & doesn't give them a new one.

      Ah well, I'll keep working at it.

      I'm thinking that if I can't replace the repair kits, I'll go back to Plan A:
      -Change ThRepairableObject to a subclass of ThObjectSupplyChest
      (that way the standard repair kits will be valid for use on ThRepairableObject. However, I'll have to overwrite all the supply chest functions with blank functions. Not an ideal solution.)

      Once I've completely finished the ThRepairable script (I want to add a few extra functions, such as giving off occassional sparks when the object is damaged), I'll post a new thread with a download link for it, as a package (aswell as my other UScript Thievery attempts).

      If you want to include it in 1.3, that'd be great (I've got no qualms about changing my map to accommodate that), especially if you changed the repair kit to accomodate ThRepairableObject & so I wouldn't have to worry about this problem with replacing repair kits.

      I'll make sure I get in finished in a few days time, so you can browse it over (it's not the most efficient UScript programming around, but its sufficient)

      Comment

      Working...
      X