No announcement yet.

Old crap found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for delay (I have to go to my dentist) but right now I have uploaded my work to Thievery Custom (need few hours for (Th)Brody's vaidation to occure)

Thievery McFarrel mappack 1.0
    In the All in one current release section
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarrel View Post
      (need few hours for (Th)Brody's vaidation to occure)
      or days
      GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
      UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

Originally posted by Edy94 View Post
        or days
        Sorry for delay. There was a problem (partially on my side of the wire, to be honest), I have to reupload mappack to ftp instead of directly uploading it to the thieverycustoms (it isaprox 16megs in 7zip -> aprox 64megs uncompressed).

Please be patient. Anyway whe the content will be visible for You please give me feedback. Any info on further improvements or bugs I forgot behind would be appreciated.
        The mapping results (custom maps) have to be made for players...
        Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Comment

ThieveryMcFmappack (OK OK I know this is to much calling mappack something, which is actually a 7zip file containing just two, at this smoment, maps but...) has been uploaded to Filefront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.0

Hopefully there are no bugs (but I know I am just man and thus I am making mistakes. Please give me feedback)

Comment

If you are not sure that it is final version then you should name maps like TH-Eulenburg_beta1.unr or something like that. That's advice for the future.

I have uploaded your maps on Tomcats Thieves vs. Guards Server #1.
            .:.S.e.r.v.e.r.B.r.o.w.s.e.r.:.

Comment

Mirror for ThieveryMcFmappack 1.0 (rightclick > save as) if not working correctly
              GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
              UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

Originally posted by Edy94 View Post
                Mirror for ThieveryMcFmappack 1.0 (rightclick > save as) if not working correctly
                Bandit I know what You mean, I am still using (internally of course) version numbers but from my point of view it is better for players to have just one map (last one - up to date) and not bunch of maps Th-Eulenbur001-01 to Th-EulenburgXXX-XX. It is necesarry for me to know problems have been fixed in which version and problems newly found/generated during devel poroces (by me and my stupidity of course), but on the other hand there is no need for players to dig into the version numbers. They need to play.

To have various versions is usefull when debugging but not when playing. In this way You can just copy new maps (in case of new release/bugfixxing or so) over the old ones. No need to track down my faults for everybody (if You want, or You think it is Your duty, to track what I have left behind, I will apppriciate that and I will give you version numbered maps of course).

{EDIT1} OK I will post version numbers and maybe even change list in few days... {/EDIT1}

Comment

looks good, but in Th-DarkCathedral big hall, i have damn low FPS, there needed some deep optimization. Everything else, runs smooth so far.

Comment

Originally posted by NeuroFunkeR View Post
                    looks good, but in Th-DarkCathedral big hall, i have damn low FPS, there needed some deep optimization. Everything else, runs smooth so far.
                    OK, I will check where is the problem (becasue I changed few pieces of geometry there and done some optimisation, but it seems it does not work... much) I try to use some portals here and there to make additional BSP partitioning in this part of map. Thanks for feedback.

[EDIT1] I manage to do quick fix (rebuliding a bit of geometry, now You could not se all four statues at once. and added zone portals, so the center of the cathedral is now separate zone), which reduces laggggginess little bit. I have to check dynamicla lights out there to make it running more smoothly...
                    I will check this during weekend. [/EDIT1]

[EDIT2] I have done some BSP optimization (not only the Cathedral central - Oracle - part), so I have lowered the node count aprox by 8000. I have also discovered the fps decrease is rendering library dependant, when using OpenGL (based on Chris Donhal) from Oldunreal it works very well (45-60 fps in the problematic part), when using UT native D3D fps rate is running a bit unstable (25-35 in this part but is running up to 400! in dark places). I am using Oldunreal OpenGL by default so I did not discovered the fps decrease problem. I will check further for next clues and I will test additional rendering libraries (I could demand usage of specific rendering library but it seems to me this is not the solution...) [/EDIT2]
                    Last edited by mcfarrel; 25th Jan 2010, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Finalizing Th-DarkCathedral debug updated version of mappack will be uploaded during few days...

The lagging on UT old d3d renderer has been upgraded a little bit but still remain less reliable and playable. But this seem to be an internal problem of rendering library.

Comment

what about d3d8/9 renderers? For me both open gl and d3d's having same performance.

Comment

Originally posted by NeuroFunkeR View Post
                          what about d3d8/9 renderers? For me both open gl and d3d's having same performance.
                          checking further. So far it seems the problematic is only old d3d from UT v436 (but I will check today evening to be sure), OpenGl of Oldunreal and Rendering libraries from S3TC retexturing project seems OK.

Comment

Seems fixxed and working for OpenGL (tested on Oldunreal Multimedia patch OPenGL and Uneal S3TC retexturing project OpenGL) and D3D "enhanced" libraries (tested on Uneal S3TC retexturing project D3D8 and D3D9).

Uploading to filefront and Thievery-Customs.

Filefront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.1

Thievery-Customs -> N/A yet (validation in progress...)

Comment

nice! Gona test this now

Comment

well.. as no one else posted bugs or bothered to post there opinions... soz mcfarrel but i found a couple more bugs if you wish to fix them..

Dark Cathedral has some very nice custom models in and i do like the custom statues too! its a bit of a maze imo and its a bit of the large scale, i tried making a fulling indoor map and had the same problems tho. running around the map parts of it feel more like UT then TUT tho at times.. i actually played the map, then looked at it in unrealed and realised there was quite a bit i didn't even find lol, maps huge!

1. Women ai - no melee, they attack fine but don't do damage
                                2. Reduce Size of Objectives in inventory! when you pick them up, scroll through inventory, there HUGE! make em bit smaller im sure there's a setting for it
                                3. No Escape Zone? - Game ends when you grab the 800 loot
                                4. Can shoot through windows.. no big problem tbh, just thought id mention it

Eulenburg - i do like this map, said it before in another thread i think, again its on the large scale tho but its easy to get from one area to the other so its fine like the surrounding city too

1. Dead spot in Lounge - as you go in from entrance door, far left corner.
                                2. Objectives - would just comment saying might be better if you added more info saying that you can either steal the book or kidnap doc.

will keep it at that for now cus im tired liking the look of villa tho, look forward to playing that, models look awesome stick link to downloads in your sig so there easy to find btw
                                [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                                Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                                AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                                Videos - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X