• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th-Villa

Just posting some devel pics from map th-Villa

As I wrote earlier in other post:
    Originally posted by McFarrel
    Th-Villa finish the map and place loot and so into the map, create few custom models for custom NPCs... (approx 60-70% of mapping is finished, need some furniture in the house and some deco in gardens, no loot distribution yet)
    What have been done:
    Base BSP geometry (main building and servant buildings are 95% finished)
    Main building and Servant builidngs lighting
    Custom models (still need few "stitches")

What have to be done:
    Street/Outskirt (BSP geometry aprox 50%, lighting aprox 40%)
    Furniture and Decorations
    LootDistribution
    Guards and additional pathnoding

[Endlich/Finally]
    Work now finished after long time

Updated version of ThieveryMcFmappack just uploaded...

Last stable version:
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v2.1

Previous versions:
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.1
    FileFront -> ThieveryMcFmappack_v1.0

Also available on Thievery-Customs -> http://www.thievery-customs.com/

Some screenshots:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mcfarrel; 28 Jul 2010, 03:25 AM.
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

And additional screenshots showing custom model (FemaleServant, the Noble lady model will be posted nexttime - when the model will be done):
    Attached Files
    Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Comment

yay, great to see u back, and mapping! That looks awesome, i like that servant model.

Comment

Looks great, like the buckled roof on the house.

Those little back stairs and wall look kinda fat tho, should be made thinner for aesthetics sake. Dont let the goblin get youuu
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

You're telling him to change a bunch of BSPs and you think that the goblin won't get him? Shame on you, shame on you!
          One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -
          The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Thanks for feedback.

NeuroFunker: Model will be included (as a TBot subclass), actually is included in version which have not been posted yet (hope the problems with me and Thivery-Customs have been solved yet and the mappack is on its way to the downlaod section)

Schelicher: Well, I do not think so, but maybe when additional problems and improvements will be solved and deco and furniture added I change these BSP parts.

Chainsaw: majority of my own problems with BSP holes and Unreal geometry goblin were due to four things:

1) subtraction over subtraction geometry where two exactly same brushes were positioned in the exactly same position.

2) subtraction of sheet brush (this is not pain in ass, this is catasrophe, hard to find)

3) smaller not so drastical problem with several semisolids conected together, where parts of brush sides overlaps. This end in confusion of UED BSP routine and invisible part(s) of brush(es) from within the level (but visible from outside)

4) overlaping and crossection of transparent sheet and invisible collision hull cuasing invisible parts of transparent sheet and so.

Maybe goblin fears me (because I own a BIG hammer)...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarrel View Post
              (hope the problems with me and Thivery-Customs have been solved yet and the mappack is on its way to the downlaod section)
              Brody said you didnt entered an entry to the mappack and so it cant be approved for download. He may clear up things.

Also, the house looks preety nice.
              GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
              UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

??? I tought I have entered everything correctly ???
                I have to contact Brody once more...

Comment

why not upload it at some filehosting? Why it has to be customs-center only? Not finding any sense in it.

Comment

Not much progress. Just few pices of furniture in the upstairs, and few light sources on the rooftop. I have to finish the gardens and skybox. (I was doing some optimization on Th-DarkCathedral).

Comment

Its looking good thanks.

Comment

Added (finaly) skybox, and I am now working on the gardens (maybe some custom bush and tree meshes or so, but I am not sure right now).

Also I have finaly begin to model second custom model for this map (NobleLady) following shots are renders form 3Dstudio and I have to warn You the model is not finished yet, so the texturing is temporary and few other things will be changed soon (hopefully)...
                        Attached Files

Comment

oh yeah, looks pretty good, almost fapable

Comment

New batch of devel screenies and so...

I have added part of BSP geometry on the streets (it is still under construction), where the thief spawning place will be situated, I have to design entrance routes to the Villa (not only through gates and mantling the wall but several sever entrances and so).

The greenhaouse BSP geometry has been finished and is awaiting some foliage deco (gr.. I have to go and run the 3DStudio once more), same goes for gardens (I have few additional foliage models in mind, so next week I hopefully post some screenshots and 3DS render pics of foliage devel...

The FemaleServant model is still unfinished (it is fully working but rigging is quickhack, I have to finish this for sure)

The NobleLady model has been finaly finished (as You might see in one of following posts below), The final version of noble lady (now available with three hairsyles, additional skin textures not shown here) got new footwear but for some reason I have had decided to let the NobleLady in ThVilla wear slippers instead of pumps (additional subclass). This crazy idea is just to point out she is not yet ready to go out (to the Th-Theatre perhaps?) for typical female reasons like not properly dressed, need few "minutes" for finishing make up and so)
                            Attached Files

Comment

additional screenshots and 3DStudio pics follows
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X