X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th-Shoalsgate... A preview

Hello, here is a few screenies for you... Enjoy

Image number 1:

Here you see that main office. All the office windows are breakable, and you can mantle the walls between the cubics. Also contains the secret vent entrance to the Records room.

Image number 2:

This picture shows the target area... Might add all the arrows/bolts in the walls later.... And yeah, the Secret "spot" is there to, giving the thieves access to the armory... or the guards who prefer an alternate way of accessing it.

Image number 3:

The Messhall. I changed it into a regular kitchen instead of just a few plain boring tabels. Also got the dumbwaiter which leads you to...

Image number 4:

The officers Lounge... Yes, the the lounge contains 2 triggerable light with a switch at each door.
    This leads us to...

Image number 5:

The garden. This area is far from done (As you can see). When done the little window in the left side will be placed around the garden, and linked to a another window on the inside. Also, there's the well which leads to the thieves spawn area, and can be scaled with a rope arrow. You can also get up onto the balcony using a rope arrow... And few more sniper spots.

Image number 6:

The traning area... This is were the guards use most off the time when they are offduty. It contains the secret passage... And the upper is accesable by the creative guards...

Last image... Number 7:

The antevaultchamber. The light in this area turns off and on with a 5 sec delay, and the keypad can be actived by getting close to it, thereby opening the door to the vault, and disabling the watchers... for some time. Also there are small windows in the wall opposite of the vault entrance.

That's the images for today... showing only a small part of what is to come.

I havent sorted the objectives out yet, but i got an idea of what they will be:

Thieves have to:
    - In order to access the vault the thieves will have to find the maintenace code somehow... (Might be optional)

- Get into the vault and recover some evidence that would otherwise get a fellow taffer jailed... for a long time.

- Get some loot with them to pay the expenses.

- And of course get out... alive

- Oh, and no kills

That's it for now... Map BSP is nearly done, so im guessing at 2 weeks tops for release.
    "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Looks awesome!
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

looks dame great... send it over my way to host when you're done...and remember bloody, don't put too many AI's in (that's what killed my map and sent my map to hell )
      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Looks good. Framed is one of my favourite Thief 2 OMs.

Comment

Still liking it.

Comment

Reaper, might I politely request you reconsider the 'No kills' objective?
            personally, I think it's one of the biggest letdowns from the Spiders map, it really constrains people to play as how they like.
            It is also more fun for guards if they don't know what to expect...

Comment

Right, in the original framed you couldn't kill, knock out or have the alarm set off.
              If the thieves break into the station and starts killing all the guards, it's sure to get em into more trouble, right?
              They are supposed to sneak in, get the evidence and get out...

Besides, i dont like people that goes Dming

Comment

Wow, those screens looks great! Looking forward to this mission, so good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
                  Right, in the original framed you couldn't kill, knock out or have the alarm set off.
                  If the thieves break into the station and starts killing all the guards, it's sure to get em into more trouble, right?
                  Then the map should be built in such a way that if the thieves start doing this, the guards should have no problem in eliminating them, rather than by imposing an arbitrary "no kill" limitation. Make the map so that it's a BAD idea to do it, but still possible.

That's fine, but if you incorporate it into your map, you're not really making the map for the community. You're making it for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    Then the map should be built in such a way that if the thieves start doing this, the guards should have no problem in eliminating them, rather than by imposing an arbitrary "no kill" limitation. Make the map so that it's a BAD idea to do it, but still possible.
                    What do you have in mind?
                    Since I can't really see how that should be done.

Comment

I would say keep the no kill objective in. But then all the DM'ers complain.

Comment

Might i remind you that the original Framed mission had a NoKnockout, NoKill and no alarm objectiv? I think setting a No kill will be fair.
                        This is supposed to be a Remake, not a DmRemake of the map.

Comment

That's fine, but if you incorporate it into your map, you're not really making the map for the community. You're making it for yourself.
                          I don't think this is true, Bloody-Reaper is trying to make a replicate of Shoalsgate this includes all the objectives too. So you are talking poo here.

*edit: Same as Bloody-Reaper, only he posted faster then me.

Comment

You know lr, your wrong about that. He makes a map that came orriginaly from thief. In that map there was a no kill rule. He uses that same rule also. It doesn't matter if he likes or dislikes DMers , it stays a rebuild of a map.

Besides, it was about time there were more of these maps coming. It's an option given by the devs , so why shouldn't we use it ?

If people don't like the map, then don't play it. But i sure will play it.
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

That looks fantastic, very similar to the original although the garden doesn't seem to have the same feeling as the original at the moment. Anyway, I can't wait, but would it be possible to find someone to make a similar background music to the one from thief, that was a huge part (in my opinion) of what made that level one of my favourites of all.
                              I am *NOT* Michael Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                              X