No announcement yet.

Problems working textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not supposed to move, maybe you're dragging the wrong brush. Drag the builder brush (purple/red or wahtever) and use it to place the mover using AddSpecial. The final door won't display any textures in editor by default. Just check some of the finished maps.

Comment

Here is something about intersecting, you may find it useful

http://unreal.gamedesign.net/tutorials/1/wolftut1.html

Comment

fats right.. kinda. that wont move as that is allready geomotry. the purple brush is your mover, put it where you want your door. if you right click it your purple brush(mover/door etc).. select "Movers" then "Show Polys" it will show you the movers textures and you can change the postion of them about as you will.

if the textures didnt copy across properly after you have clicked show polys you can change them same as a normal wall, but if you move the mover it will look like the brush hasnt moved untill you rebuild the map again.

Originally posted by Gaelwyhn View Post
        I'm following a tutorial that says to select a texture for a door, add it then intersect and drag the brush. When I do that, the texture just stays in one spot. What's wrong?
        after you click intersect, dont forget to right click the red brush and click "polys to brush" or somthing similar, then click the add mover button when its in place. (i say add mover, if your making doors you will want the thdoor mover so players can open it)
        [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
        Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
        AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
        Videos - YouTube

Comment

I'm worried that if I put it in the doorway then add it, it'll become a solid piece of the architecture and won't move.
          Loot - That's what I want and that's what I'll have. I'll get what I want because I know how to get it.

Comment

well.. yes that would happen, but you dont click "add".. you click "add mover" or "add thdoor"

have a read of this tutorial
            http://unreal.gamedesign.net/tutorials/5/wolftut5.html

edit -

for tut doors you use addthdoor, so players have to click on them to move them, but how there built is the same way

edit 2 -
            if you do make a mistake, go into 2d view, click the wrong brush, and delete, rebuild map, and problem has gone
            [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
            Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
            AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
            Videos - YouTube

Comment

Thanks for the information. I was trying to build a map from the inside out, but now I started with the skybox. Is there a way I can do it from the inside out?
              Loot - That's what I want and that's what I'll have. I'll get what I want because I know how to get it.

Comment

I take it you have seen the offline mapping docs that come with Thievery?

Just in case you haven't, the online version is here:

http://www.thieveryut.com/Mapping/index.htm
                [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

Working...
                X