Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am restarting my project (the map formerly known as TH-Library)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not bad, looks nice
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

Comment

Indeed, keeping going!

Comment

reminds me on underground levels in assassins creed 2 and following.

Comment

ass creed 2.. you know i think iv played 3 assassin creed games and i cannot recall the difference's between any of them apart from they got easier and easier every time. i dont even recall an underground section :/ just kinda played them, half enjoyed them, completed them, never touched them again :| seem to recall the 1st one having better chases tho, maybe i will go play that one again one day

ok.. back on topic post more screenies when you can Antero be interesting to see how far you get
          Videos - YouTube

Comment

A quick reminder, I am doing this on my free time, which during the week days is like 2/3 hours. Weekends are usually quite busy at the moment.

I am now building a new study, I plan to take it a bit further.

As for inspiration, I blame Steam for releasing Thief and Komag for packing an overkill of FM's.
            Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
              ass creed 2.. you know i think iv played 3 assassin creed games and i cannot recall the difference's between any of them apart from they got easier and easier every time. i dont even recall an underground section :/ just kinda played them, half enjoyed them, completed them, never touched them again :| seem to recall the 1st one having better chases tho, maybe i will go play that one again one day

ok.. back on topic post more screenies when you can Antero be interesting to see how far you get

i played all of them, it's very mainstream, but still a nice game. I like AS1 most, templars, desert, eastern, is something i like most about it.

Comment

The gremlins are at it again.

While I was trying to get the objectives actor to work (im following Dalais Guide but the actor is not showing up) my latest study slipped by and ended up on sendspace.
                Oh well, feel free to play around with it. So no shots today. Tomorrow I will begin with adding a staircase. Im now considering adding the stair inside (more space) instead of the middle (less room, but closer to original idea) All this was done in like 3 hours.
                http://www.sendspace.com/file/u7kktz
                Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90 View Post
                  While I was trying to get the objectives actor to work (im following Dalais Guide but the actor is not showing up) my latest study slipped by and ended up on sendspace.
                  if the actor is not showing up, then either right click the wall and add it (middle of the wall, away from the floor), or try right click the floor and add it (Middle of floor, not near wall). somtimes actors only get added one way or the other. You will get the hang of it when path noding also you can lower your grid size to somthing low, 8/16 so it has room to appear, if your set at 256 it prob wont appear unless your in a huge room

Oh well, feel free to play around with it. So no shots today. Tomorrow I will begin with adding a staircase. Im now considering adding the stair inside (more space) instead of the middle (less room, but closer to original idea) All this was done in like 3 hours.
                  http://www.sendspace.com/file/u7kktz
                  not bad start keep at it
                  Videos - YouTube

Comment

I've had issues where the actor is invisible in the viewports but accessible in the search for actors window (and once you double click in there you can press f4 to view the actor properties).

Very annoying, the gremlins seem to be worse than ever in unreeled these days - I think they caught something nasty like kegitis which makes them meaner than normal
                    [E.D.G]Chief

Comment

Originally posted by ]>CoD<[Chief View Post
                      I've had issues where the actor is invisible in the viewports but accessible in the search for actors window (and once you double click in there you can press f4 to view the actor properties).

Very annoying, the gremlins seem to be worse than ever in unreeled these days - I think they caught something nasty like kegitis which makes them meaner than normal
                      only time i get that is when there is no mesh / displayed texture on the actor. and you have only yourself to blame, the goblin didnt exsist until you made h-2o :/

kegitis also makes your spelling worse
                      Videos - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                        if the actor is not showing up, then either right click the wall and add it (middle of the wall, away from the floor), or try right click the floor and add it (Middle of floor, not near wall). somtimes actors only get added one way or the other. You will get the hang of it when path noding also you can lower your grid size to somthing low, 8/16 so it has room to appear, if your set at 256 it prob wont appear unless your in a huge room

Turns out I was reading too fast and trying to place the WRONG actor. (hate colapsing categories)

Today I shall atempt stairs, getting the hang on guards (spawning is kinda buggy) and if I have time elektrikal lightz.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

Today I shall atempt stairs, getting the hang on guards (spawning is kinda buggy) and if I have time elektrikal lightz.
                          spawning is kinda buggy huh.. iirc your map had guards up top, thief spawn under, i would make a guess that when you spawn as a guard, you spawn downstairs where the thief should be spawning? if yes, this is because guards spawn at the nearest pathnode to the AI they inhabit, you dont have any pathnodes, so it uses the playerstart of the thief instead. add some pathnodes on top floor and it should fix that
                          Videos - YouTube

Comment

Ran out of time. Making stairs is still troublesome, but I managed to make them almost like I wanted. I now have working stairs that fit the room in both size and architectural wise.

Created a working switchable lamp with no hassles, the objective actor makes the map unplayable, if I place a thieves objective first it defaults a thief win, if I do a guard first if defaults to a guard victory. I will take a closer look at it tomorrow.
                            I have uploaded a new study file.
                            http://www.sendspace.com/file/w6jdl1
                            Feel the power of the

Comment

Had an virus alert on that page.
                              Try use Google Docs. It's better in every way
                              GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
                              UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

Originally posted by Edy94 View Post
                                Had an virus alert on that page.
                                Try use Google Docs. It's better in every way
                                Here you go
                                https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxr...lBoSEV4ZHYwMkE
                                Feel the power of the

Comment

Working...
                                X