Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am restarting my project (the map formerly known as TH-Library)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08-11-2013

This week has been spent mostly on debugging geometry. But I did complete some things I had planned for this week.
    The major development is that you can now circle around the whole compound, which means basic outside geometry is complete. There are still about 3 or 4 rooms to be placed inside but I will get to them very shortly.

The easy part is ending. Soon I will have to drop the hammer and pickaxe and go into decoration mode.
    Feel the power of the

Comment

• There is a forest of decos to choose from. You don't need to use the tobio trees or any standard ones (the ones in ChaosUT are animated ).
      You can find a bunch more decos here (including reactive decos).
      http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/ws-decos
      http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournamen...ting-resources

Comment

• The last two weeks have been slower in progression. Partly because of a more busy work shedule but also because I am experimenting with decorations and adjusting brushes. The goblin has been toying me all this time as well. He has taken over a whole section of the map and likes to flash his latern hole while I am busy, he goes silent when I am done, so I am guessing he has been enjoying the map so far. Still some rooms yet to be done but I have a dozen yet to be filled.
        Feel the power of the

Comment

• 07-12-2013

In the past week and a half no work has been done, partially because I had to lend a hand at the farm (it's olive season) and also due to having to replace a soon to be ex-collegue (thank god for retarded work laws, seems I need to advance warn my employeer by 2 months that I am leaving).
          I am in sort of a blank for inside decorations so I am now trying to get the outside as finished as possible, most areas have been populated now except for the exit area that still needs some digging, (tip, bring your wetsuits). Basic lightning has been placed as well but they need tweaking.
          This doe not mean the inside is empty, I already have a few rooms completed or very close to completition, its just that some rooms require custom made shapes like chests and it takes some time to make everything look right. I am also trying to get see through windows to work, by spying into other maps it seems the only way to make it work is to cheat with a solid invisible brush. Most doors are in place as well and only one section remains so I can call basic geometry done.
          You probably noticed the lack of screenies, im trying to keep as much as hidden since I don't want to reveal too much, part of the fun in TuT is about learning the place, but a few more close up teasers may follow.
          Feel the power of the

Comment

• 15-12-2013

I finally figured out how to finish the remaining section. If all falls into place basic geometry should be completed in the next week. Which means I will be out of excuses not to finish the level.

Outside sections have been filled mostly, a couple windows remain to be placed. Objective locations have been established for a while now, but I still have no idea how to organize loot. Lightning still needs tweaking. Ah yes, Still needs the AI part too.
            Feel the power of the

Comment

• Good to see these regular update posts! Looking forward to playing the map.

Comment

• 18-12-2013

I know it's not friday yet, but today I finally dialed in the last significant changes to my map. The holiday season is also aproachign so I will be sort of busy next week.

Basic geometry is complete!

What this means is that all rooms have been brushed. The map should be in it's final shape, bar any sudden problems.

Outside areas are also done and quite close to being finished actually. Thief spawn has been made and the exit area awaits only for the lazy mapper to place the actor.

What remains to be done:

- lights, some are in place but need tweaking, many areas remain in the dark
                - AI, with the geometry finished I can start placing nodes and routes
                - decorations, ranges from adictive brushes to prefabs
                - loot
                - tons of testing
                - keep the goblin in good mood
                Feel the power of the

Comment

• 13-01-2013

Once again I survived my uncle's Excess Xmas Dinner. Tho it must be said that I did some excess on my part as well. This year I filled my bag with mostly old time classics. Also took some time to check out Tut 1.7, felt great to have company on a game for change.

Ahem!

One of the bigger (and empty) rooms has been finished today, or at least most of. Sometimes it's a pain to get things right, but when it finally works, it works well.

I am now an adept of collision hulls, much more practical and easy. It's no wonder that in UDK the job of setting collions if left to the mapper, cilinders work fine for square stuff like chairs, but for the rest it get's funky.

I am also enjoying creating my custom furniture, it gives me some freedom in design AND avoids having to overlap stuff with collision hulls.

Decorations will continue, I am aproaching some half-done areas again but a few large ones still remain. ETA remains unknown because some areas will take longer, but I would say I have about 40% of the whole map decorated.

As a teaser, here's how it looks like in wireframe.
                  Attached Files
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

• just dont look back, the goblin will be after you
                    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                    Videos - YouTube

Comment

• 25-01-2014

To buy M&M X or not....

Er.. ahem!

One of the big empty spaces has been filled now, feedback so far has been positive. This means there is already a substantial chunck of the map done, I would say it'0s about half done, unfortunatley there are still a couple big sections to be done but I will get to them shortly.

It's a bit odd looking at the map now, sometimes I ask myself, "Did I really do all this?".

Next week I will delve into some smaller sections and then atack the final empty spaces.
                      Feel the power of the

Comment

• 09-02-2014

Busy than usual shedule these past days meant that I had little time to devote to the large areas still left.
                        So I spent that time experimenting with elevators. After much trial and error I finally got the elevator I wanted partially, thanks in much to the custom actor created by BCG. The elevator works as I intenteded but I still need to figure out a system of doors that doesn't bug.
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

• 11-05-2014

Work on the map has officially restarted today.
                          Since the last post work has been more off than on because of issues related to work. That's out of the way now so I can now focus again on elevators and getting more rooms complete.

The door system had me bugging for a while. The problem lies in the fact that the actor makes a stop at each event even if that is not the destination event. So making a door system that works required some compromises, im not happy with the solution but this will have to do.
                          Feel the power of the

Comment

• Too bad every development of Thievery has stopped. But the map looks nice indeed . Pretty good for a first-time project .
                            [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                            Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

• That doesnt look like a development of thievery, looks more like a website to me

Nice to hear Antero, its a rather creative map and will be good to finally play a finished version of it drop me a line when you've got another beta running
                              [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
                              Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
                              AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
                              Videos - YouTube

Comment

• I actually do miss the times when we still modded for Thievery . A pity for all the stuff that has been created .
                                [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                                Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

Working...
                                X