Collision Hull...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collision Hull...?

I've heard a couple things about this. its my understanding that a collision hull is the actual physical being of a player. Meaning that when someone swings a sword or shoots a bow, the collision hull is what it has to hit regardless of model/skin, etc.

If thats the case, then I'd like to ask...in comparrison to guards(which are obviously standard UT models) , what is the size of the thief collision hull. Im going to guess a lot less... In fact, I sometimes shoot at thieves and wonder "how could that have NOT hit him!" It would always be a shot that would have clipped his side of something, but it just won't hit.

Im not saying change it, just asking if this is the case. Thanks.
    Bite the bolt, taffer!

They are most likely the same size for both thieves and guards... but I'm not sure.

Heres what I do know, they are a cylinder that surrounds the character, so if you were to shoot under their arm or something, it would still hit...
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

See, and I don't think I could hit a thief's arm. I dunno, I need to try this with somebody.
      Bite the bolt, taffer!

Comment

The thief model has its arms sticking out quite far, and making the collision cyllindar that big would make them too easy to hit. That means that you probably can't hit their arms. Aim for the middle
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

mapping forum
          I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Working...
          X