Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th-Doors question

ok, I want two doors that do two different things here:

1.I want them both to be frobbed at the same time, like double doors, Ive seen this in a FM mission, but I forget which, you would frob one door and they both would open without a switch

2. I want them to be frobbable only once, the setting doesnt seem to help, Im not sure if I can do this without a switch

anyone got any ideas?
    "Shivers running down my spine,
    whos blood? I know its mine.
    -I am The Hunted"

GBH

if you want them to open at the same time, give one a tag, say "boombiddybombomdoor1" and give the other one the Event with the same name.

if only trigger once isn't working not sure that you can do anything about that
    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

If you wnt them to open simultaneuosly, the TriggerBool will sort it. Available at http://www.chainsawdeath.co.uk

I'm not sure about having them open only once.

Comment

Methinks a subclass of ThDoor with an extra boolean property to determine whether the door has been frobbed, & a modified ShouldLightUpAsFrobTarget function that returns false if the above-mentioned property has been set to true.

Comment

ok, Ive tried the tag and event, it works if you frob the right one, but if you dont then just one moves

I read about the triggerbool, looks like that would help, but Im not sure how I put into my map, like actually place it, how do I do that?
          -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Check out the tutorial, it tells you how to load it into the MyLevel package of your map and where it's located in the actor tree.

Comment

Hey Killed, if you have any questions about TriggerBool, just PM me, I'll be glad to help you out with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Microwave Oven
                Hey Killed, if you have any questions about TriggerBool, just PM me, I'll be glad to help you out with it.
                Oh, like you're an expert on it? Next you'll be telling us you WROTE it or something....

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Originally posted by Microwave Oven
                  Oh, like you're an expert on it? Next you'll be telling us you WROTE it or something....

Neah, I actually wrote it, & decided to let him take the credit for it

Comment

aha

"The TriggerBool object resides under the Actor->Triggers category in the class browser."

its so funny how you dont see something right in front of your face until you say "I cant find it"

thanks guys, back to the lab
                    -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Working...
                    X