OMG!!! Something strange is going on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!! Something strange is going on!

Like the thread title says, WTF is goin' on here?!? 8)

First, ordinary screenshots from System Shock 2:

But, this is Thievery, so what the hell is going on here?!?:

tron texture maps!
    "Shivers running down my spine,
    whos blood? I know its mine.
    -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Hm, reminds me...

Anyone here good at PERL?

I have a perl script written by a DromEd guru from TTLG from ages ago that converts mission files from Thief/Thief 2 into .t3d format .. can't get it to work on my rig but im not a programmer. Does work though as I played the training mission from Thief 1 converted properly (only architecture obviously).
      Red Guard
      Thievery UT

Comment

Originally posted by oRGy
        Hm, reminds me...

Anyone here good at PERL?

I have a perl script written by a DromEd guru from TTLG from ages ago that converts mission files from Thief/Thief 2 into .t3d format .. can't get it to work on my rig but im not a programmer. Does work though as I played the training mission from Thief 1 converted properly (only architecture obviously).
        Why didn't anyone tell me...

Comment

Pretty sweet. Yeah, looks like Tron.

Obviously, this level wasn't mapped with too much thought. Look at the exit: no door trimming! Ulgh! :lol:

Despite it looking very dark, even a thief couldn't hide in there! Max opacity! :grin:

Wait, Orgy, you don't program? Then what is your role in TUT? Creative mascot? j/k dude.
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

OMG YOU JERKWADDJEfubfffccddddddddddda

I was g..g ..g.g.g gonna implement sys..sys.sy.system sh-sh-shock style portions as..ss.sssssss easter eggs into my new m-m-map

i gues.sss now i'll have ttttt-ttt-to stick with pictures of giant-t-tt-ttttt dogs
            AI Programmer,
            Thievery UT

Comment

The convertey program is a .pl ActivePerl script.

Thus, you need ActivePerl to run it, but there was some versioney crap that meant I couldn't get it to work. Will upload it and do a thread on it at the weekend hopefully?

Yeah.

And Buho... I only did initial game design, mapping, texture sourcing/creation, project lead etc etc for a year or so back in the bad old days.

Programming is best left to smartey pantzes like Dalai et Joel. I much prefer making pretty lighting effects. DISCO!
              Red Guard
              Thievery UT

Comment

speaking of disco... Where's teh official thievery th-disco map?

Comment

First off, to all you script kiddies who convert the level geometry: thppppt I rebuilt all geometry from scratch, from observations while playing ss2. No DromEd, and the stripped missions. (And I aligned the textures better too) Yes, yes, I know I'm awsome.

Secondly, either it is a strange coincedence or totally deliberate, but both Goggles and the Thievery player have the exact same dimentions, mantling hights and jumping distances. Interesting...

And lastly, to Joel: I called it first!! so nyah

Comment

Originally posted by Microwave Oven
                    Secondly, either it is a strange coincedence or totally deliberate, but both Goggles and the Thievery player have the exact same dimentions, mantling hights and jumping distances. Interesting...
                    It's bound to be deliberate

Thief uses the same engine as SS2, & Thievery stats approximately mirror the Thief ones

Comment

OMFG! I love Tron!
                      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

Its not TRON. Its a virtual reality level from System Shock 2.
                        (AKA Dresden)
                        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                          OMFG! I love Tron!
                          Have you checked out the UTron mod then?

Comment

I know it isn't Tron. It just reminds me of it. :roll:

I'll have to look into that, LR. Thanks.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
                              Thief uses the same engine as SS2, & Thievery stats approximately mirror the Thief ones
                              Tis True. One of our main thingies starting out was to get the movement etc "right".

Actually I think the player in Thievery is slightly taller and probably a little wider than Garrett in Thief 1/Thief 2. Believe it or not.
                              Red Guard
                              Thievery UT

Comment

Working...
                              X