Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UScript question - How to circlestrafe the pickup copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UScript question - How to circlestrafe the pickup copy?

In my DrP2DrG mutator, I found out that I wanted to make the Dr. G cans have an explosive force and size depending on the original Dr. P DrawScale. So I made my mutator copy the DrawScale from the original Dr. P's to the Dr. G pickups, and from the pickups to the Dr. G projectiles.
    But it doesn't work. And I believe the reason is that ThPickups make default copies of itself, so I always end up with a can with a DrawScale of 1.
    And here are my questions:
    Is there some easy way to fix this? Or should I try to use ThObjects instead? And if I do, how do I get them to spawn a projectile instead of just being thrown when you frob them in inventory?
    ]V[]V[

I've been wanting to PM you about that.

I tried the mutator, and it didn't work at all. It might have somehting to do wiht that you didn't use thobjects and instead used the default unreal I frobbable items, as you have suggested.

Ya. Onions is my name now.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

What if you made them junk items?

That way they wouldn't stack, and players wouldn't hoard them.

And even better... you could add a 60 second fuse to the can.
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

now THAT's fun!

gimme an update when u can MM! PLEEEEZ?
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Ok, I've made it work with a ThObject (or junk item as DQ called it). Now I just need to fix a few bugs, and it will be all yours.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

Now all you need to do is to make it green with Dr. Grenade written on the side !

try copying the Dr. Pepper texture and editing it in paint.

Comment

Working...
            X