No announcement yet.

Mapping Idea Needs Some Collaberation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Idea Needs Some Collaberation!

So yeah I botched my old map cause I was getting crashes with Ued and my brushes were getting all screwed up. So I decided to start on my original idea for a Magicians Island. (note: this will not be the end products name) Problem 1.) having problems working with those fricken brushes again. 2.) Having problems with those fricken movers. 3.)having problems with the SHEER SIZE of the fricken map. 4.) Having problems with the water and skyboxes. 5.) weres the fricken tutorials that cover these things in thievery NOT UNREAL.

SO yeah if ANYONE is interested in working on this map with me just give me a ring either thru this thread or pm or email or telepathy or send an annonymous tip in the mail or........

Oh heres a paper napkin scetch of the island --

better yet just type in http://holywear.simplehost.com/HolyWear/pic.html
    explaination: those squigly lines around the basic structure are the islands terrain. the shorter the lines coming out from the structure the steeper it will be. WHat im going for is a small beach and the rest of the island to be surrounded by steep impassible rock. Structure of the island will certainly change. (ie placement of houses.The basic structure of the island will not change.) That jut out from the main island will be a large tower. There will be a sort of cave in the side of the island. There will be extensive underground areas. (not so extensive as to be impossible to guard but just enough to allow for interesting game play.)

IF ANY ONE WOULD like to help me (meaning you would like to work on this project collaberativel) plz contact me.

Ill have a better drawing in a few hours. cya
    FOR GODS GLORY!!

5.) It's the same... Only replace textures.
    Most thievery related are in the official mapping docs.

Comment

I'd REALLY like to help, but i'm a little busy wiht my own mapping projects.

As for skyboxes, it's a zoneinfo thing. Jsut place it in your box and set the zone properties to tell UEd it's a skybox.

I found i nice thing that let's you have 2 skyboxes, but i forget which UT map it came with
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
        I found i nice thing that let's you have 2 skyboxes, but i forget which UT map it came with
        Probably CTF-Catherine.

Comment

Although informative these posts dont deal with a more pressing problem of finding someone to collaberate with me on this map. although I am thankful for the replies to my other problems
          FOR GODS GLORY!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Probably CTF-Catherine.
            actually, i think it was dm-multipleskyboxes. It was made by the same author tho.

find interesting things of filefront!
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
            X