Seperate Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seperate Locks

Does anyone know of a way to recreate those lock mechanisms in Thief1/2? The ones that look like a lock with a handle that would control locking/unlocking of a door/switch/lever/whatever is associated with it. I thought about Making the lock out of a brush and making the handle a THmover you had to use a key on...but I'd still have to make some kind of trigger that locks/unlocks the door.

Would this require a new script?
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Right, your door is a locked ThDoor, but instead of being triggered by aquatone-style buttons, it would be triggered by miniture ThDoors (representing the lock) that are placed either side of the door, on the wall.

These would also be locked, but they would pickable & have a corresponding key so that when a thief interacts with the lock, a successful open attempt will open the door. Since the door itself is a ThDoor, it can still be closed by frobbing, but can only be opened via the locks since it's "locked" status will never change.

That should give the correct effect, since I assume we're thinking like those locks in the 2nd mission of Thief 2 (erm, the one with the warehouses).

Comment

Ah. I forgot about that Aquatone door trigger. I'll try using one of those.
      (AKA Dresden)
      Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Also make a link to a ThDoorShutter that will relock the lock mover after being used.

Otherwise you'll only have to use they key the first time.
        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

I didn't know that.

Seems to work wihtout one for me
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
          X