More about sketchmaps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More about sketchmaps...

Well, due to the looong nature of TH-Train, the sketchmap isn't going to be very big. Is there some way I could set it up so even though the train is traveling along the y-axis in UnrealEd, the sketch map appears like the train is moving along the y-axis (or vice-versa, I'm not quite sure about which axis is which)
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

You make a split one...

1 _________________ goto 2

2 _________________ goto 3

3 _________________...

The train is the line...
    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

That won't be able to show player locations without custom script though.

Comment

Thats what I was wondering: would I be able to extend TH-Sketchmapinfo and flip the co-ordinates without much trouble? Or would this cause problems with the game?

Comment

Th-Flats don't have player position... But I know what you mean now... (More realism without a beacon... )

Comment

So the train is North-South and you want the sketch to be left-right?

No can do. The train needs to be East-West.

And the z-axis (height) can't be translated into sketchmap position.

But if the train's too long, here's my suggestion:

Of course, I'd be happy to help with the sketchmap in any event. :wink:
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Like I thought! (Exept the bottom one... )

Comment

But would it be possible to subclass the THsketchmapinfo and then simply flip the coordinates?

Comment

Possibly, yeah.... More like probably.

Comment

My sketchmap doesn't seem to want to work, no matter how hard i try, with locations. Also, when i do get it to work, I have the map if floor sections (floor 1 flor 2, floor 3.) does this work the same way as above?
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Well... the split method represented above does *NOT* work. That's why we're thinking of alternatives.

Comment

Oh.

How about multiple maps, using the zoneinfo as a triger to tell the engin whick one to use: a separate map for each car, and the zoneinfo tells which one.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                        X