UMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMS

Has anyone used UMS (Unreal Movie Studio) and noticed that there was no coronas on the lights, despite the fact that the same map has coronas when played as a UT or Thievery map?

If so, does anyone know why?

I think this should go in the mapping section

I dont know of a UMS app, but maybe UMS cant support or import coronas
    "Shivers running down my spine,
    whos blood? I know its mine.
    -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

I recommend coronas with a lime. :grin:

Comment

So your lights are missing their projecting top parts of a cornice, are they?

Can't help.

Comment

I thought cos it was not strictly Theivery I should put it in the General area.

UMS is just a series of .U files for Unreal Tournament that allow you to create Machinima movies using UnrealED. According to the blurb that comes with UMS, coronas should work. I just can't seem to get them to. Might be some property of the Camera actor I suppose.

I've posted this query on the website of the guys that made UMS (and emailed them) but they have not replied in a week. I think Matinee has basically killed UMS maybe and they are not supporting it anymore.

Thanks for the replies. Obviously not many people are using UMS to create movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinga
            Has anyone used UMS (Unreal Movie Studio) and noticed that there was no coronas on the lights, despite the fact that the same map has coronas when played as a UT or Thievery map?

If so, does anyone know why?

I have used it but never got this problem...
            hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Originally posted by Kinga
              I thought cos it was not strictly Theivery I should put it in the General area.

Yeah, it's kind of a tough call. On one hand, it's not directly thievery related, on the other hand, anything that comes from it might be useful for mapping with thievery at some point, and you can't really tell, so i moved it to be sure.

as for UMS, i've tried to use it, but it wasn't particularly well documented, and didn't make a whole lot of sense, and was pretty buggy. but this was a long time ago, so it might've update since then...
              I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Perhaps a dowload link to a UMS site would allow more users to give feedback.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Oh you mean like this: ;p

http://machinima.com/unframed/ums/

Comment

maybe your coronas are off in your cjb file settings for your driver
                    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

not sure where to find the cjb file settings. more information please.

The UnrealTournament.ini file shows coronas as on and I can't see that UMS creates it's own .ini anywhere. Besides, if I just take out the UMS game type from game info and put in any other game type, the map plays as normal and coronas come on.

It's almost as if the UMS camera (which as far as I can tell is only really a place holder for the Player View) can not see coronas or the UMS HUD is not displaying them or something.

Very mysterious...

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                        I recommend coronas with a lime. :grin:
                        no one gave you credit for that, I liked it
                        "Shivers running down my spine,
                        whos blood? I know its mine.
                        -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

well, wha OS are you using?

WinXP and win2003beta have problems wiht ued and other unrealengine tools.

Win2000Pro also does, but only if you tweaked your system.

That might be the problem.
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Sorry for the delay. OS is Win 98.

But it cant really be OS problem as coronas work fine in UT, Thievery, Unreal etc. It's just UMS that doesn't display them.

So I think it must be specific to a UMS setting somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                            X