UT v451, and TUT UED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT v451, and TUT UED

I don't think is something that the whole community needs to know about, but I recently installed the 451 patch for UT, and it rendered TUT UED incapable of running.

It may just have been my computer, but I thought all other TUT mappers should be warned, since I had to reinstall UT over my TUT install.

Thanks for the warning.

Comment

dammit! I can't start UED...
      hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Originally posted by Kain
        dammit! I can't start UED...
        To be honest, I always expect patches to bodge something up.

I think it was System Shock 2, that I was very near to completing when I decided to download the patch. On the description of fixed bugs:

- Now it is possible to destroy (end of game baddie), otherwise it was previously impossible to complete the game

Me: Phew! That was good timing.

Next line read...

- Warning: This patch is completely incompatible with any saved games from the unpatched version of SS2.

Arghhhhh!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Of course I would like to know why and if it can be fixed.

Is the only difference between UED2 and TUT UED that TUT UED automatically loads all the TUT objects, textures, etc? or is There more too it?

If the only difference is the loading of TUT objects, textures, etc., have you tried firing up UED2 and then loading the TUT stuff? I assume of course this could be done.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Yeah, TUTUED (uh, is that "tu-tued"? maybe I won't use that term anymore) simply loads the thievery actors when you start it. The problem is: does UED even run?
            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

lol @ system shock story

This 451 patch is unofficial too, no?

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                The problem is: does UED even run?
                No
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I get the following message when I run UnrealEd in either TUT or standard mode:

Critical Error
                  General Protection Fault!
                  History: UEditorEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Oh well... I didn't want to map anyway!

Comment

I get that message every time I run UED without the patch (I uninstalled it) for more than a couple of hours. Sometimes whenever I click.

Thanks for the heads-up tho... didn't want to lose my map!

I don't think v451 is official....is it?
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I think it is...
                      hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

I havn't been able to FIND it again on all the usual sites suggested bu UT. Can't remeber where i found it the first time. Seems sorta wierd that they'd release something that buggy.
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                          This 451 patch is unofficial too, no?
                          It's not a official update from Epic. Epic agreed to release the source to some coders and admins so they could continue to patch UT since Epic is no longer interested in supporting UT. Apparently a few guys from Epic helped out on this patch but again this patch isn't official.

These are the ppl that will be patching UT from now on. http://www.utpg.org/

Comment

I say we kidnap all the Epic Megagames dudes and hold them hostage until they agree to get back to work on UT!

WHO'S WITH ME?

TALLY HO!

Seriously.. that sux. what were they thinking? No UT projects (other than 2003?

Comment

I asked the creators of the patch about this problem and got this rapid reply:

"It's a known bug that nobody in alpha/beta caught. We are working on a
                              fix for it, but nothing is ready right now."

Probably was the umpteenth person to mention it. I would assume the next patch will fix the problem.
                              Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                              Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Working...
                              X