• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal's version of UnrealED

One of these tips pops up each time you start Postal's version of UnrealED:

[Tips]
    TotalTips=18
    Tip0=Modifying static mesh collision in the browser may cause intermittent reboots?
    Tip1=When in doubt, press Q?
    Tip2=If you wait long enough, most problems fix themselves?
    Tip3=Successful use of the engine is defined as thwarting the intentions of those who made it?
    Tip4=No amount of key presses will shut off the Random Bug Generator(tm)?
    Tip5=If you accidentally start a compile, you can stop it by minimizing the editor? Save your work first.
    Tip6=You cannot box select static meshes except in the top view window? Why did you think that would work?
    Tip7=You can use the "Load all" button to view a full package's contents? Unless you want to see a sound package.
    Tip8=Matinee cameras anticipate which way you want it to rotate and go in the opposite direction?
    Tip9=Collision flags effect light photons?
    Tip10=Scripted Triggers are found under Keypoint, not Trigger?
    Tip11=You should save frequently? Really.
    Tip12=Setting "Clear to Fog Color" in the level properties will make it nearly impossible to select anything?
    Tip13=If you mis-type a file name in the open dialogue, the editor will inform you of your typo by promptly crashing?
    Tip14=If you want to compile script in the editor, you should not click on the "Crash Instantly" button (accidently mislabled as the "Compile Changed Script" button)?
    Tip15=Those of you accustomed to compile error messages in Quake engines may be surprised to learn of the much more efficient compile error message system of Unreal, to crash instantly.
    Tip16=If you attempt allow your smoothing brush to touch the edge of your terrain, the editor will let you know of your error by promptly crashing?
    Tip17=The pathfinding code considers a proscribed path as a challenge to be overcome and you will often cause a cascade of unanticipated new conections if you proscribe one?

also lol:
    <The_Dan_> why does UED have a help menu that is completely blanked out?

Modeller,
    Thievery UT
    www.jeredhunter.com

Comment

Ne'er had UEd crash on me.
      ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
        Me either.

Never used it.

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
          lucky cock monkey
          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

great tips, but why post this in the thieveryut forum ???
            Working on TH-Haven, the first singleplayer (and coِp) missionpack for thievery.
            Get more info about it on http://freyk0.tripod.com

Comment

Because they are universal UnrealEd tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                why does UED have a help menu that is completely blanked out?
                Well, i HAD the help menu working once, but then i lost the second disc to UT and the help menu went blank .

MM, you are too lucky for your own good.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Tip14=If you want to compile script in the editor, you should not click on the "Crash Instantly" button (accidently mislabled as the "Compile Changed Script" button)?
                  Actually the Compile changed script button works fine for me. Its the Compile All Scripts button that crashes UEd for me.

Or opening the TBot script...
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                    Actually the Compile changed script button works fine for me. Its the Compile All Scripts button that crashes UEd for me.

Or opening the TBot script...
                    Same for me.
                    ]V[]V[

Comment

Tip1=When in doubt, press Q?
                      What DOES Q do?
                      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Never open the TBot script, it's a monster... it'll take over your PC and your house... lock up your daughters.

Comment

Never open the TBot script, it's a monster... it'll take over your PC and your house... lock up your daughters.
                          Are you saying it's possible to open it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                            Are you saying it's possible to open it?!
                            No, he is clearly saying that opening it successfully will make it dispose of you, do unpleasant things to your daughters and then run off to sweden with everything you owned.

Good thing UEd, unlike Windows, can also crash when it's supposed to.
                            ]V[]V[

Comment

I managed to get a copy of TBot by opening ThieveryAI.u in Wordpad and saving the appropriate parts . It's pretty big, isn't it...
                              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                              X