Foolproofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foolproofing

What would be the easiest/most reliable way to check if a class exists on both server and cliets?
    Or, more specifically, what would be the easiest/most reliable way to check if a mutator was run under Thievery or not?
    ]V[]V[

set up your own server and choose the mutators- then ya know

but seriously- not sure what you mean but couldn't you use an anti cheating mutator on a server, and add the packages etc you want to see in the list of files to detect or did you mean something else :?
    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Yeah, I meant that if any of my TUT mutators is run in an UT game, they'd be pretty useless, and probably spew a lot of crap in the logfiles. Therefore it would be better to have the mutator log a line about "only compatible with TUT", then cease activity or unregister & destroy itself.
      ]V[]V[

Comment

well UT and TuT are counted as two games due to the ini files. Therefore the only way a tut mutator would be used in UT is if you went in UT and manually set the mutator list to use them. Then of course it would be your fault for attepting it
        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Umm...so how would I make the mutator TUT only? The way it is now, the mutator shows up in both TUT and UT. And besides, there is a reason I chose that thread title.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

I'd perform a quick check on the gametype when the mutator intialises ingame:

(ie. Level.Game.IsA('ThieveryDeathMatchPlus') )

Theres no easy way of making the mutator just show up in the Thievery GUI list, although I'm thinking of creating a new mutator class and only showing subclasses of that in the mute list (& of course, it would be nice to get that mute-list appearing in the SP window).

By creating a new mutator class, we could have some Thievery-specific events like GetLoot(Player,Amount) and CompleteObjective(Player,Objective), which could help make things a bit more friendly for TUT-scripters.

Comment

Working...
            X