This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand alone unrealed?

is there a standalone unreal ed out there that I can just install that works properly and i can just import the files i need?

Very good question! i thought about doing some mapping for my graduation project, but Thieveery and UT don't seem quite kosher enough for school, even though it does count as 3D drafting. If there is, i'd very much like it.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Do not know about the stand alone.

I recall you mentioned you upgraded to the 451 patch? If so (otherwise ignore this) there is a known issue with the 451 patch that prevents UnrealEd from working properly. A search of the forums should yield the approiate thread. If your server runs UT from a different install then what you play, I would suggest re-installing the UT you play with 436. The 451 patch is only beneficial to servers from what I hear. If you only have one installation, then I would suggest doing a seperate install of the full UT/Thievery with the 436 patch to work on your maps.

Also, like the server- best connection I have had recently.
      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Well I found a standalone unreal editor that someone made for a different game, www.mapxiii.com the site is in polish, but it has a standalone editor that works fine for creating new maps, I tried to open up a thievery map with it and it gave me some sort of error. Then i tried copying the thaux.ini file over and running with INI=thaux.ini and it still errored out. I think it was looking for files that werent local. which files do i need to move? all the *.u and *.int files?

Here is a link to the editor as well. http://www.mapxiii.com/editmap/XIII_NES_200802.zip. Its unrealed 2 and i think it will work fine if you get all the necessary files from Thievery or UT imported to the folder. I think its about 38Meg DL. they renamed it from UnrealEd.exe to XiiiEd.exe and changed the icon, but open it and its the same thing.

Comment

NICE! SWEET! RIGHTEOUS! ROCK ON!

And all that other coo' stuff.

Thanks bruddah. If it'll work perfectly, you've solved all my problems, man!
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

that site doesn't work for me! :'(

Comment

Because it's over two years old, maybe?
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

If you're looking for Unreal Engine for educational purposes try the Unreal Engine 2 Runtime Demo: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealE...untime22262002

I don't know whether you'ld be able to get it to work as a stand alone editor for Thievery or anything like that though.
                Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                X