Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play map button

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
    Never hit the Play Map button in UED for Thievery. It doesn't work.
    I've always used it and it's worked just fine. The only problem was lack of sound, which I sorted by using winamp to stop UED from hogging the sound card. Are there other problems?

Play Map works for me with thievery UED...

No sound issues either.

Comment

Mine will play fine for a few minutes, then randomly freeze and the "please wait" icon (that stupid idiot hourglass) will appear. I wait (sometimes for hours) and nothing hapens. Only thing that works in turning off my comp.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

The Play map button works for me too. I have encountered to have the aforementioned problems at times when I forgot to build/save before playing map, but only then.

Out of curiousity, do all y'all have other items requiring resources? How powerful are your computers? Any device conflicts/potential device conflicts on your computers? Wondering if the problem could be a resuorce issue.

My Computer- AMD2200XP processor, 768M PC133 Ram (someday all I'll upgrade), ATA133 Hard Drive, Soundblaster Live Soundcard. Typically, the only other program I have runnning with UED is a spreadsheet.
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
          Mine will play fine for a few minutes, then randomly freeze and the "please wait" icon (that stupid idiot hourglass) will appear. I wait (sometimes for hours) and nothing hapens. Only thing that works in turning off my comp.
          Get that one to.

Comment

Never had a problem with the 'Play-Map-Button'. Infact, that's one of a few things that has actually worked for me from the start!!!
            But, having said that....I rarely use it. Reason? Because Dalai (said so) has suggested on the Mapping part of ThieveryUt's site that the incorrect files are used when activating the PMB. Also, I find there is a difference in FPS and lag. (Actually, I'm lying. I did use it for about 50% of my map, but then it just got way to big and laggy in PMB mode.)
            ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

My computer far outstrips the expected parameters for Ued, and, in fact, what the programers expected there to be while teh Unreal engine is still in use. Therefore, it treamendously slows my computer down while somehow still using 100% processing power, resulting in a random error at any given time.

sOmetimes something as absurd as "setcursor point error" if you point at the wrong part of the screen at random.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
              X