rope arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rope arrows

how do i define a surface to be "rope-able"- how can i create, lets say, a wooden wall that can be climbed with ropearrows
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Originally posted by Schleicher
    how do i define a surface to be "rope-able"- how can i create, lets say, a wooden wall that can be climbed with ropearrows
    I believe you have to set the walk sound for the surface to the thievery wood walking sound... at least my custom wood works

Comment

Is it possible to create a non-wooden surface that can be vined to?
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Yup. Just set the hit sound to wood, like Builder said.
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

thx
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
            Is it possible to create a non-wooden surface that can be vined to?
            Maybe trough some scripting you will be able to do it. (add the propertise for wood sound to another sound.)

Comment

(surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Wood.THWoodStep ") ||
              (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Dirt.THDirtStep ") ||
              (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Carpet.THCarpet Step") || (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Snow.THftsnow")

These are the condition for rope arrows to work. There is no real way around it - it works directly off the name of the sound effect (which is probably the only way it could have been done).
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

It really doesn't matter what the walk sound is, the texture won't be on the floor if you want it to be vineable...

EDIT: That was too vague. What I mean is: don't worry about the player making a wood walking sound on a metal floor, as long as the texture is just on a wall or ceiling, you'll never hear the sound.

Comment

As long as you don't make a texture that looks like wood but isn't, I'll be happy. I hate fake wood :x
                  ]V[]V[

Comment

You mean like on the old station-wagons? I mean, why would you want your car to look like its made of wood? That is one of the worst ideas ever slapped on to a car...

Comment

There has to be other coded surfaces that will accept a rope arrow too right? You can shoot one into a grass texture and it will stick too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                        There has to be other coded surfaces that will accept a rope arrow too right? You can shoot one into a grass texture and it will stick too.
                        Snow, dirt and carpet work as well.
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                          (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Wood.THWoodStep ") ||
                          (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Dirt.THDirtStep ") ||
                          (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Carpet.THCarpet Step") || (surfaceString~="ThiefFootsteps.FT_Snow.THftsnow")
                          This thread should've stopped immediately after this post.

However, for those that ain't too sure of UScript, heres what it basically means:

-If a texture has footstep sounds of Wood/Dirt/Carpet/Snow, then vine arrows will stick into it

(Sorry, for restating your previous post Immortius, but I'm surprised that no one has even thanked you for digging out the UScript statement that answers the main question asked in this thread)

Comment

Working...
                          X