Thievery coders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery coders!

If you've ever coded anything for Thievery, a mutator, custom weapon, AI, menu, tool, etc. then please send me a quick email or PM, letting me know what you made.

Thanks!

Note to both Dalai and any Thievery-coders:

It is currently pretty difficult, to implement any community coding-projects, in existing Thievery gametypes & maps. I'm hoping that sometime in the future, the following can be fixed or improved in Thievery:

-Mutator support (especially for single-player). I reckon a new mutator class should be defined, so that the mutator list only shows relevant stuff. We could also implement some new mutator functions, for Thievery-specific events.

-Item support. I'll probably try to integrate LoadoutWORM into a new gametype, or set up a proper GUI for it, so that coders can easily plug their items into Thievery, without having to modify maps, or create new mutators.

-Better custom arrow support. I kindof sent Dalai a fix to allow multiple arows in the same slot, but I haven't got around to testing it yet, because recompiling ThieveryMod.u is a hassle.

-Gametype variation. I've currently got a few gametypes in the works, but Thievery definately needs some variation. Feel free to break as many rules as you want, the point of a new gametype is that it can play completely differently to the gametypes, without affecting them.
    (Note: For a gametype to show up in Thievery, its package name must start with "Thievery": Dalai's nice hack to show only Thievery-relevant gametypes)

I've already got a lot of coding commitments for Thievery (most of which, Dalai expects me to never complete), and so I can't really commit to anything else at the moment, but any volunteer work is always appreciated.

Comment

You can bet Dalai is just fishing for ideas for 1.5... :roll:

Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
        You can bet Dalai is just fishing for ideas for 1.5... :roll:
        You wouldn't believe it...
        JM

Comment

I had a really great idea for a Thievery gametype once, I forgot it though.

Comment

Well, be sure to let everyone know when you remember. :wink:

Comment

Was it the one wiht the two teams of both thieves AND guards? Where the thieves loot the opponent's 'base' mansion, while the guards guard yours. And vice versa?
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
              X