Zone-Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone-Problem

ok to make it simple : i got one outside room and two inside rooms - i separated one of the inside rooms from the outside room with a zone....when i wanna do that with the other inside room it gets separated from the outside room too, BUT : the other inside zone which was perfectly separated before dissapears, and becomes one with the outside zone again....i mean wtf? :x
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Hmm, the most obvious thing to ask is:

-Did you move the zone portal for the first room, across to the second room? Zones will only remain seperate aslong as the zone portals (that seperate them) stay where they are.

Comment

no, i didnt do something like that....

right now, it seems that a absolutely closed zone just dissapears....i didnt hit the 64-Zones-Limit either...
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

Try ordering you zone portal brushes to last then rebuilding : subsequent subtractions negate portals the way they would eat into an additive brush. Using the zone view in your 3D viewport will show if this is happening or not. Failing that, any complex BSP near the portal may be causing an error and puncturing it. In that case, the zone view might show your portal disappear at certain angles - though beware, it's natural for portals to disappear if your camera is in solid geometry.

Comment

Thou hast angered UEd...

Comment

EEEK
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

That "Order to last" did the Trick!

Nachimir u are GREAT!!!
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map