Converting UED2-Maps to UED3-maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting UED2-Maps to UED3-maps

(or TUT to NB-Maps :grin: )....someone mentioned that would be possible before. But how exactly? By deleting all Actors except basic Brushes and renaming the file from .unr to ut2 ?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Select all brushes and export to them. Save as a .t3d file.

(No textures or stuff will be transfered)

Comment

selecting all brushes and exporting just somehow only exported the builder brush - so i tried file -> export....then i imported it to UED3, and it looked fine in wireframe mode at first....but after rebuilding it proved to be the total mess : i rotated brushes a lot and that exporting and importing seems to have returned them to default positions...

In Wireframe Mode the Brushes are all in their right positions, but in Textured Mode the whole level looks like someone shattered it to pieces and didnt manage to reassemble it correctly .

F*ck i hate mapping :x :cry:
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

a rather simple trick did it!!!!

just select all brushes in UED2 and set "transform permanently" - then go to Edit and copy them....then go into UED3 and go to Edit -> paste

VOILA! There it is!

(i did a build which took somewhat 10 minutes but still every nook and cranny was where it should be)

I stopped mapping for TUT coz i thought NB would seal its fate anyway...ill sleep a lot better now, knowing my hard work can simply be "copied"

(when its possible with TUT-UED tu UED3 why the heck shouldnt it be working with TUT-UED to NB-UED )

And redoing the paths and lights along with adding new Textures,Static Meshes and a few new nifty NB-objects to boost ye olde TUT-Maps isnt that bad if u dont have to build all from scratch

Hell i love Mapping!

EDIT : i forgot - scale Map 1.5....otherwise its too small
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

Shit, and here I was thinking I was going to have to either trash or give my map up for someone else to finish...
          So this 'transfering' from UT to UTk3 is possible then without too much aggravation?
          ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

yeah it's pretty simple.

If you ever tried the thief .mis to t3d file convertor then that's the idea of how it will work. You will get all your brushes , just you will have to go back over the map putting in the right textures etc. (as MB says) I reccomend you choose a texture other than the default moon crater one when you import brushes as that one can make it hard to see the map properly :roll:

(btw I don't have/ used ued3 but I just know :grin: )
            [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

yeah with this white stuff it looks like some giant yogurt :lol:
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

OMGYES!

HYTANK YOU SO VEEERY MUCH

THpoug i suppose all the little tricks you do iwht actors will have ot be redone, as Ued3 useds different ones, and texturing will be done all over again, but the hard work'll still be teh same.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

You can actually keep all the textures by copying them all over to the UT2003 texture directory and opening them before cutting and pasting. Then you will just have to re-align them all.

Note: Do not open the *font* packs, or ThDisgustingThings, because they crash UEd.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

meh, why keep those ugly TUT-Textures :grin:

i want some Bump-Mapping-Hires-Superduper-Killer-Nightblade-Textures

(that static mesh-thingie is IMO that, which gives all UT2003-Maps the visual boost...if u look at them in UED3 the level-architecture isnt that complex - but has shitloads of static meshes like Pipes, Bricks and so on attached to the walls....one of the main reasons i didnt like UT2003 so much....it looks great, but the maps where somewhat boring to play - hope that doesnt transfer to NB :roll: )
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

My nightblade map has about.... 5 or 6 BSP brushes so far.... including the skybox.

And sorry to spoil it for you, but erh... Ut2003 doesn't support Bumpmapping.

Comment

WHAT!??!? NOOOOOOO00000000000000ooooooooooooooo............. ...
                        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

You do not need stone textures with bump mapping on wall to look like stones in wall. In ut2k3, you use static mesh, and you have 'real' stone wall.

The floor in 1st screenshot and the walls in the second are not made from stone texture, there are stones from polygons

Comment

Do you have to place each stone individually or is it something like a surface area fill?
                            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

tz tz that was supposed to be a joke

Curse 3 is an example for the use of such "group of bricks"-static meshes...btw i dont know the map displayed in the first screenshot...looks cool
                              My leet Thievery Map
                              My leet UT3 Map
                              My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
                              X