Unreal Creatures and Visibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Creatures and Visibility

How do i "force" standard Unreal Creatures to act according to the visibility system? I want to add some badass Sliths, but the circumstance that they can spot a Thief even in 100 percent pitch-black darkness somewhat bothers me
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

You could make a Thguard and replace his mesh with that of a slith...

Comment

yeah did that, but its not animated then....looks like stuffed and floating around (although its fun seeing it drawing an invisble weapon and screaming "aua")
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

I'm too lazy to do it myself, but here's what you gotta do: Open ThieveryAI.u in wordpad, find the class TBot and find out how they did the seeing thing there, then copy that to your monster's script. You might want to set off a few years for that.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

This one barely worked :

i created a new class MySlith which expands (of course) Slith.

i added this line to the script : var(Sight) float fLightThreshold;

then i set that new Parameter "Sight" (could have called it like anything) to 0.4 - like the AI guards have it set....

now if u stay in shadows that thing cant see u...BUT if it sees u it stays on ur tracks till ure dead....needs some tweaking i guess....
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

if only you could use a kraal in your map you could use the TKrall (works like a guard but uses the kraal animations) . Maybe you could edit the TKrall's code to use the slith & animations
            [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

that MySlith with the added fLightThreshold meets the requirements i think...

its just that if it sees u once u gotta run really fast really far away - invis potions, flash and crack ( :grin: )dont work on it...running to next shadow and hide either...

but im planning to place them in sort of a labyrinth system which would be impossible to Guard for norm Guards, making them invulnerable and thus force Thieves to ghost their way through, so that patchwork Slith AI will be enough maybe ops:
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

It's times like this it would be nice if UnrealScript supported multiple inheritance. (Why oh why did they emulate Java's shortcomings?) I have a feeling you'll need to subclass every single creature that you want to act like a guard. Be prepared for lots of code duplication once you figure out the relevant code.

Comment

Working...
                X