Stuff related to TH-Cult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff related to TH-Cult

well i put those "" around it coz its not really playable, its more like a sightseeing tour (no loot, guards, objectives). Some parts of architecture arent done yet too.
    But i think its in a state where judgement about its playabillity is possible...

Some facts : Basically its sort of a medieval redneck compound - main building is a church (3 halls 2 floors,catacombs) with four belltowers (others are a barn and a house)...later there will be a city area outside the compound and some wicked area of evil accessible from the catacombs...i named the whole stuff TH-cult...

Ok someday when ure really bored, mail to "[email protected]" and get the mapfile....and if ure really, really bored write ur opinion here :grin:

IMPORTANT : i used the texture factory.utx and found out later its a custom one...but i cant remember who made it .So if that person reads this and doesnt want his texture to be used ill remove it.
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

I'll gladly "test" the map, can you post the link here ?
    Or if not, I can host it for ya (for couple of days)

Comment

just mail me and ill mail back the file...i dont have a site to host it on my own sry

(heres the adress again : [email protected])
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

E-mail sent

Comment

How big is the file? Interested-but there are size restictions to what I can receive. From the sound it, the map in question should be well within those limits, but just want ot make sure.
          Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
          Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Ok you can download map here
            mirror is here but seems like http server is down at the moment

Filesize is 3.7MB

Comment

JIPEH!

(btw. what can u say about it? But i guess it cant be totally crap if ure hosting it )
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

no replies?

that somewhat discourages me
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

I just played the map and I have to say it looks great. I had only 2 complaints while I was playing.

1.) It needs ambient light badly. Half the time I was stumbling around in the dark. The dark areas need to be "brighter" so to speak.
                  2.) Those slith monsters from ut seemed very out of place and they are extremely over powered. I hit one with 100 reedemers and he still didn't die.

Overall, nice map so far...keep up the good work.

Comment

thanks for the advice

maybe having ambient brightness set to "1" outside wasnt that smart :grin: - but im going to add some more lights too now

I planned to implement a Kill Penalty like in Spider so i thought it could be a little more "shadier". The catacombs are supposed to be confusing - i wanted something like that in the map, and due to the fact they would be close to impossible to guard i thought of having them patroled by a bunch of invulnerable Sliths and forcing the Thieves to ghost it.

Btw i forgot the Objectives : Sabotaging the four Bells (by taking out that "Bell-Thingie" - no Idea how its called in English ops: ), stealing a replica of some relic in the church and the original located below the catacombs (which still isnt done )....oh yes and some lewt
                    My leet Thievery Map
                    My leet UT3 Map
                    My leet AS Map

Comment

ok a little update : added lights and changed ambient brightness (also banned the slith down to the catacombs ). Started the City Area which will be the Thieves spawn area later (go out of the compound and left) - its not that much of a progress coz i was lazy with mapping ops:

I sent Korax the file, so hopefully he will post the link soon. If not mail me for the file
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

Ok you can download updated map here

Filesize is 4.1MB

Comment

Thanks dude

the basic mapping is coming to an end i think - whats still left is to stuff that city area with houses in a way that looks good and that additional catacomb area and also some doors...lighting is also almost finished...placing loot,decorational stuff and AI will be sort of easy, i hope. Pathing too...

what bothers me is that i know crap bout making Objectives work and formating readables...well one must always learn i guess - expect some nooby questions regarding that soon :lol:

On top of that i have to push me hard to go back to continue mapping...bought that Gothic 2 Addon lately and just cant get away from it...hope they go nice n slow on Nightblade :grin:
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

if ya want me to make ya a preview for the map just PM me
                            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

and yet you don't give the same offer to me and you know im mapping

Comment

Working...
                              X